What 5 thread colors could you not live without?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use poly-core and my staples are 1. Dyed Natural / 2. Ecru (goes with gold, yellow, brown or tan)/ 3. Smoke (black is very stark so we try to use a med to blend with dark or light)/ 4. White / 5.Camel / 6. Chambery or Lucerne Blue / 7. Praline (brownish pink that blends with lots) / 8. Sage Green (this is a grey green)or Green Sage (yes, there are both colors .

Sorry but you need more than 5.;)

Linnea - I believe the correct pronunciation is "Vunderbar"!

And I too, would like to know the manufacturer. And it doesn't sound like I would be able to walk in them either, much less quilt in them! :o

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

One not mentioned is "Marron Glace"

Ok, who makes this wonderbar thread? I googled it and got pumps!

Now, I used to be a stiletto wearin' fool, but in my older days I can't even get 'em on! Much less walk in them.

Is this the thread you are talking about? I have not heard about it just did a google search. The picture will not show!!

So here is the link:

http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/thread.htm

It is near the bottom of the page

#210 Marron Glace Nylon Thread

Star Nylon continuous nylon filament thread in size T-210.

One pound spools, bonded finish

$18 each, USA shipping included

Lisa

Interesting topic. I have been in a daze looking at my threads...I can narrow it down to about 50! Sorry. Probably what I use the most is off white, medium tan (Mother Goose color), medium gray, yellow, pink, light blue. I do a lot of Thimbleberries/Moda quilts, and lots of baby quilts, so those are the colors I use the most.

Archived