Custom quilt job ideas for a BQ quilt - DONE w picture!

I suppose you could put one stipple design (would a spider web work?) in all of the cream backgroud pieces that are inside the frames maybe with a fall colored varigated thread. Then do something fun with the pumpkin fabric blocks, like the jazzy circles from CL or quiltzoid, if you have that, or feathered wreaths or flowers or pumpkins. Maybe a loopy leafy continuous line design in the maroon frame, and a pebble or small stipple in those little cream pieces that are in between the frames.

Personally, I'd rather do an E2E on this one. I have a friend who has made a couple of these, but I haven't got one to quilt yet.

I have quilted more than a few of these. The largest square is usually pieced with a nice focus fabric and I usually quilt around the motifs--many times a big floral.

The medium L shapes can have a feather/ferny garland that centers at the corner and spreads to the outside ends, or "garlic-and-onions" to fill the space. The narrower dark "sashing" is perfect for your favorite small sashing design--in-and-out Cs, ribbon candy, up-and-down loops, anything to fill the area. Even a squiggly line going the length and back is enough for this narrow space. Depending on the arrangement of the blocks, there will be a narrow rectangle butting up against the large square--white in this example and forming a cross between the blocks. Again, your favorite narrow sashing design is a good choice.

I'll see if I can find a photo of an example. The piecing/fabric choices are the star in this quilt--but the quilting will add another dimension and make it shine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhh, I'm dreaming when I grow up the second or third time, LOL, I can do that.. for now.. it's the QZ... an me making friends. Real good friends after I get it tomorrow afternoon...

I like the layout of the pieces,... but will someone enlighten this dummy and explain what BQ Stands for????

I'd really appreciate it..

Ritar

Archived