Too much time on my hands?..What is your favorite movie with a quilt in it?

I am watching "Groundhog Day" for the 57th time--I love Bill Murray and I love the quilt on his bed at the B&B. It is a scrappy Irish Chain--very watercolory. Probably my favorite quilt star in the movies.

What quilts have you coveted in the movies?

"You've Got Mail" has a couple of stars on Meg Ryan's bed.

"Best of Show" has a "star" quilt brought to a hotel and hung on the wall by the goofy gay guys.

Sometimes I am distracted by the quilts and forget to watch the movie.

Does anyone else enjoy this distraction?:o:P:P

i know it cliche, but i like "how to make an american quilt" with winona ryder. wonder who made the quilt for the movie, and how many 'quilt doubles' they had....wonder who ended up with the quilt in the end....oh, and in the final act when she's running through the vineyard dragging that quilt in the dirt, my blood pressure spikes everytime!

and yes, i notice quilts in movies. i don't remember what movie it was, but me and davis went to the theater to see it and in the middle of the movie i noticed a DWR quilt and said, (a little too loudly) "hey did you see that DWR quilt!" i remember there's another that has two lovely wool quilts.

davis says i have it real bad :D

I noticed the background doo-hicky on the wall behind Sean Connery in the movie....what was that movie....with Richard Gere, where they knighted (I first wrote knitted :P ) him...Knights of the Round Table?? There is an awsome something hanging behide Sean Connery....Love it...I need to get that movie, as soon as I remember the name...Bonnie Bott's knows what I'm talking about....too bad she is in meetings, she would help me. With my partial brian and her....well, her brain...we are dangerous!!

Yes, Linda, you have waaaaaay too much time on your hands!! Come be a rep with us and come to the Rep Rally - we're having a blast! BTW, your book arrived yesdterday, according to DH - thank you!!

And Beth concurs about your too-empty hands:P:P

It would have to be Ground Hog Day because I watched a lot of the movie being filmed.

I was taking a quilt class (who would think?) in Woodstock during the filming. Bill Murray hired the owner of the shop to make him a quilt. So he loves them too!

Side note......I almost hit Bill Murray with my van because I was so amazed to see him walking in front of my van. Lucky for me that I didn't because the cops with him looked awfully mean LOL.

I love looking at quilts in movies. They pop up at the most amazing times. I have been known to stop the movie, if it is a rented one, to figure out the pattern. I also have four Steve Hanks paintings. He usually has a quilt in them too if they are of a room indoors.

Nancy

My husband hates to watch a movie with me because I talk about the window treatments, the furniture, the quilts, the rugs on the floor, the paint colors - all of it. He says I miss the movie but I disagree. I think I better "get into" the feel of things as I am "there." I am with Shannon, I have wondered all those things and just about died when she dragged that quilt in the dirt!!!!!

My favorite movie of all time is "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"...loads of quilts and patchwork dresses! I love it!!! :)

I just watched "My Sister's Keeper" the other night. When Kate goes to the beach she is wrapped in a blanket. My first reaction was....why couldn't it have been a quilt?!?! Quilts are much more fitting for chilly afternoons at the beach...don't ya think? :D

Archived