What possessed me? Should have stopped!

Really no painting?!

... I made it even more random/worse by scribbling all over it - a bit like boucle tweed - then I thought I could put GOLD paint on then sew on CROCHET circles if I can persuade one of my friends to make them (I have had a crochet debacle and won't go there again!)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it the way you have it in the picture. Just tell everyone that it is the cracks in the road next to the luciousness of the grass in the meadow beside the road! It will show others that quilting can be varied and still be right.

I'd wait until you are done with the other panels, then look at it again and see if you still need to do anything for your own satisfaction. It might just be the piece that gives the eyes a rest from the other beauties you will be showing.

Originally posted by veg-girl

LEAVE IT ALONE! It may not be the way you envisaged but NO ONE else will know. Get on with the next one instead, its fine.

I totally agree with Yvette,

Linzi please leave it alone otherwise I will have to hot foot up there in Betty 1, which means Betty 2 will be neglected!

OK,OK... just a bit more scribble, then I'll bind it and maybe tweak it later... moving on!

Apart from the panels I have 504 square FEET of roof to quilt too - can't be slow there. Busy dyeing and cutting - my machine won't get a chance to cool down!

I wish someone would paint the door, though or it will have to be naked (unadorned).

Hey Linzi,

I finally figured out what to piece and it is now on the frame. :)

Did you ever hear of Gees Bend quilts? They currently have some in kit form in Keepsake catalog, if you get that, or check it out on line. Anyway, I am using one of those quilts as my "inspiration." Of course, the Gees Bend quilters didn't use gold lame (at least I don't think so). :P

Linzi, I'm with Connie on this one! I think it looks really cool and unique! Remember the picture I sent you of "Train Wreck" and you loved it? This is kind of the same principle. Leave it be and let it shine! I'm sending "Train Wreck" tomorrow for you to work your magic. Crochet, huh? Wait til you get my package!;)

Archived