"I Love Chocolate" Quilt Challenge

My guild has an annual challenge show. This year the theme was "I Love Chocolate". I had a hard time coming up with and idea for the challenge until I took a Rami Kim class and made some folded fabric "chopkey", that looked to me like little candies. So, I made a box of chocolates. Quilting is minimal, so no big deal. I made the box top and base from a very stiff stabilizer and covered it in fabric. I printed the box top on my inkjet printer (and I did get permission from See's Candies to sort of copy their box). I used texture magic to made the candies that sort of look like nuts and chocolate covered nuts. The lighter fabric with the dots is the challenge fabric. I had a good time making it. I hope those who view the show will also enjoy this fun, kind of funky piece.

Bonnie

post--13461903668883_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Brenni

That is just too funny. I can see that being the most photographed quilt at the show. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see more pictures up close - please please. Mary

I dropped it off today to be hung at the show, so can't currently take close up pix, but will do so when we go to the show. I'm really glad you all enjoyed it - I sure had fun making it.

Bonnie

Archived