Simply Ornate Template

LindaJ

I used the new continuous template design on Adam's mom's quilt - She hasn't seen it yet, so here's hoping she'll like it! Unfortunately it's hard to see the design in the pictures. It really turned out nice though. There's a picture of the template on our website which shows the design much better.

2456203290104533237S425x425Q85.jpg

2278280500104533237S425x425Q85.jpg

Linda I think we are all busy playing with the new toys..

To think I could possibly quilt something like this, even using a template and stylus, is beyond imagination.

Its beautiful', and though we can't see it clearly, it shows that it fills well and not too much. That sounds nutty, can't think of a better way to say it.

Will be talking to you.

Ritar

Using a stylus to trace a pattern using the grooves in the board, short or long, is much more accurate, and more fun, than the blocks... you don't have to move the machine so much, or the QZ I mean.. to go all the way across.

I'm playing but am doing something wrong.. it may be someone (I wonder who) leaning on the rollers.. as the patterns aren't meeting at the end.. well, I mean at the end of the pattern.. I KNOW it's not the QZ or boards, as some of them I've used with the Topper and got perfect results.. but he wasn't around.

Putting another sandwich on with scraps of batting.. going to make him leave the room.. lol..

Ritar

Rita--thanks for the compliment-- my DH is a farmer with no hobbies--so I have suggested photography to him and he does enjoy it--we have taken our own extended family pics, senior pics for our childern and done a few weddings for his nieces--so that is his part of my quilting!!! Now it is not a hobby per se--but just something that he likes to do for family.

Side lighting does wonders for showing off all the hard work put into quilting!!

Lynn,

You can do the design with just one board, but not very efficiently. You would stitch the entire board, and then leave the needle down when you reach the end of the board (to hold your place). Then you'd move the board over so that the stylus is a the start point, and stitch the board again.

Several people use these long boards in pairs, and leap-frog them like you said. This would be much faster than using a single board.

The fastest way is to have a full set of boards, reaching from one end of the quilt to the other (5 boards totals 10'). This way once you start stitching, you can work across the entire quilt without stopping. But it's obviously cheaper to just buy 2 boards and leap-frog. Just depends on what you prefer.

• 1 month later...

Sheridan, I'm only using one long board.. it's a bit touchy at the joining, but taking it a bit slower, and double checking it out makes a big difference.. and works quite well. When My rich relative dies and leaves me a load of money, I'll be able to get more and work faster. :D;)

Ritar

Sheridan...with my RnS boards...I only purchase 2 then leapfrog them. It is tricky though as you can sorta get off. Not the greatest for most designs.

I would prefer more boards...and wish I had gone that way.

I do not have any of the QZ long templates...but have done lots with other brands of boards.

Archived