My First Try Using the QZ

Linda G. Craig

This is a baby quilt made for a dear friend's new granddaughter, Juliet. I used warm and natural batting and a layer of poly batting to give it some poof. I really don't care for the warm and natural, I find it doesn't lay quite as nice as I'd like it to. Won't buy it again.

Please don't look to closely, I'm pretty green at this. LOL! I even had to call Adam twice -- and it was an operator problem, believe me! LOL! I used the spiro for the centre of the snowballs and decided to try template 15 on the nine patch. I'm quite happy with the outcome. I didn't want to heavily quilt this top, rather wanted it to be soft and cuddly for the babe.

Anyway, thanks for looking. And a BIG thanks to Adam!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much, Kath. I appreciate your effort. I believe my mistake was originally I had an apostrophe, and now I remember Shana saying that's a no-no. So I renamed it and it worked.

Okay, Sharon, you are testing me and my photo attaching skills! LOL! Here's another. Don't look too closely. I heard somewhere that if you can't see any mistakes while galloping by on your horse, then it's good to go! LOL!

Thank you Terri, it was fun! Still need lots of PPP though. :)

post--13461903925587_thumb.jpg

Linda,

I love your colour scheme, it is gorgeous, and I love that sweeping curvy quilting too. It is absolutely lovely !!

I have never done a quilt with two layers of batting before and notice that many people do tend to layer the batting up.

:)

Linda, that is just darling! I love it! and I did look closely!:D You rocked this one, girl!! I just finished my little grandson's baby quilt this past weekend... you have given me the courage to post pics when I get home tonight, (but mine isn't nearly as perfect as yours) ... lots of firsts for me too! You did a beautiful job! Don't you just love it when you get one finished?!

Archived