My First Try Using the QZ

Linda G. Craig

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irene, yes, the quiltazoid really did cut down on the amount of time I needed to do the quilting! It went extremely fast. The spiro was so quick to do, once I got the hang of centering everything, it was simple as can be, just turn the handle! As well, template #15, once Adam straightened me out on a mistake I was making, it was soooo simple and quick. It was so much fun and my non-quilty friend whose granddaughter received this quilt, thinks I'm an absolute genious -- I'll just let her think that way for a little while longer! :P:P:P:P

Hi Rita, The blocks are 6" finished. They were soooo easy to do using the QZ. Do you have template 15? Give it a try on a practice piece and you'll see how quickly it works up. I stabilized the entire quilt first by SID, then I did the spiro, and then template 15. It was really fun to watch the secondary designs appear as I quilted row after row. Have fun! :cool:

Linda, many thanks for the info.. don't have #15 yet.. shall some day. maybe I can find something similar in the main board or the eccentric tool, or in the cams.. Will keep on trying to decide if it's a simple pattern on one of the cams or only on the board. I just love that quilt and the two blocks you chose.. WTG again.

RitaR

• 2 weeks later...

Archived