i'm moving!

i'm moving to east tennessee (jonesborough) at the end of the month....(the quilt shop in jonesborough is rumored to be a favorite of one of my favorites- kaffe fassett!)

i have a couple more quilts to quilt, then i'm planning on packing all next week....

i'm excited and happy at the thought of a new adventure!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by doodlebug

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

She keeps moving closer to me too! Yippee!

actually, by moving north, i'm getting farther away from ya...as the crow flys.... :)

you need to forgive Kristina....she seems to be map challenged. If anything your only going to be a days drive from me. ;)

Not map challenged...it is just that I really prefer NOT to have gone to georgia...so anywhere seems closer to me! :P

I can't think of anything I left in Georgia either that I need to go get. During the summer at least. ;)

Originally posted by Bonnie

Not map challenged...it is just that I really prefer NOT to have gone to georgia...so anywhere seems closer to me! :P

I can't think of anything I left in Georgia either that I need to go get. During the summer at least. ;)

:P:D what about the peaches???? :P:D

good luck moving shannon.

Congrats Shannon

I think I win..........you will be 1.5 hrs from me in Sevierville, TN "Good Ole Rocky Top". East TN is wonderful... my backyard is the Smokies. My studio is in the woods. You are right about the quilt shop.....TN Quilts. They have a terrific retreat in the summer with tons of great teachers. Jonesborough is the oldest city in TN and has great hisory. They are famous for the Storytelling Festival with their own museum. The city is booked up yrs in advance for this event.

Please keep in touch

Best wishes to Shannon on a safe move to a new place. I see only fun, exciting and good things in your future! :)

PS: I have been eyeballing properties in eastern Tennessee; in the Smokies--- as a place to retire some day. I have several friends who live down there. It's very pretty.

i'm, in essence, 'goin' home' i was born and raised in east tn....i know all about jonesborough- oldest town in tn, still has the original brick cobblestone sidewalks, all the utilities are underground, i remember when the story telling festival was FREE!....

i will have a studio room...and it will be in the second story, so no running around moving stuff up because of flooding :) i'll be living with my dad on our family's Angus beef farm....i see some interesting blog posts in my future.... *wink*

i'm a little scared. change is always scary, but i'm pulling up my big girl panties, smiling, and moving forward. i've never been one to test the water before jumping in...i yell 'cannonball' as fair warning and here i come.

i see this as a new opportunity for a fresh start......bring it on!

Archived