A pillow I made for friend with breast cancer...

I know this is not anything fabulously spectacular, but it's my first time making a pillow cover. I used flannel breast cancer ribbon fabric on front and pink minkee on back. The fabrics are quilted a meander using variegated cotton thread. It was a quick project and I know that my friend will appreciate it. She just found out she has cancer about a month ago, and just started chemo treatments, has to have surgery and all of this is a scary time.

post--13461904144212_thumb.jpg

Dear Shana,,,

What a sweet friend you are, the pilllow is precious, you did

a great job!

I am sure you friend will think of your often & enjoy cuddling with it!

The pillow is a better idea than most will realize. I am a breast cancer survivor (2 years). After my mastectomy, I lived with a little soft pillow to protect the incision, and to sleep with. Elevating the arm during sleep helps prevent lymphedema,(a condition of fluid retention and tissue swelling caused by a compromised lymphatic system after surgery) which is a common complication. Shana, tell your friend my prayers and thoughts are with her.

You can also request a quilt from Victoria's Quilts. They provide a lap size quilt at no charge to people who are facing

cancer. Just search on line and there is lots of information. They are in both Canada and the United States. I just found

out they have a chapter in Calgary and I have just finished a quilt for my sister in law who is undergoing cancer

treatment.

Thoughts and prayers for your friend

Charmaine

Archived