NGR-100th Birthday Party

I just wanted to share this little tidbit. Today, we celebrated the birthday of one of founding quilt quild members 100th birthday! She is still quilting, does most of her quilting by hand, and does a fabulous job, her name is Pearl and she is a real sweetheart. We had her party a little before her actual birthday, because she will be in California, for the rest of the year staying with her son.

Also had to share that my new Lenni arrived on thursday, we set it up right away, but yesterday was the first time actuallly using it! I am so impressed with the machine, it is everything I was looking for. I am still a little nervous using the machine, but I know with time and practice I should do okay. This forum is great and I read it everyday. The support and talent here is awesome!!!!

Karen

congratulations on your Lenni, I have had my Lenni for a little over 2 years now and grow to love her more and more all the time. I even built her a new studio to live in and am trying to spend more time with her. I hate to see her just sitting there looking pretty without any quilt to make beautiful!! Life tends to get in the way of my quilting sometimes, but this weekend I out did myself by quilting 3, Yes I am proud of myself that is a first for me. You will have so much fun with your Lenni too, it only seems to get better at time goes on. What part of NY is Warwick anyway? I have heard of it but cant place it. I have lived in a few different areas in NY Albany, Poughkeepsie, and Potsdam.

Originally posted by Borderline Quilter

Gosh, will we all still be quilting when we are 100 years old, that's 46 more years for me....hmmmmm how many quilts could I do in that time???

And Hand quilting no less - wow!!!!!:D How wonderful!!!

Welsome to the forum Karen and Congrats on the new machine!! Just rember to breath and relax.... have fun while you play and get used to it. Play the right music for you and enjoy!!!

We look forward to seeing photos of your work too.....

Archived