Glide thread???

Glide is DA BOMB! If you really want something to get you excited, try their magna glide bobbins. I haven't had tension this perfect with so little effort before.

Linda

Carol,

Here is the link http://www.bobbincentral.com/Default.asp You will need to set up log in information to access the pricing. I don't know if Filtec still sends out free samples when you register. I got a nice little surprise package when I first registered. I love the Magna Glide bobbins and the Glide thread.

Sue

I used Glide thread top and bottom in the quilt that was in Innovations this last week. On the Judges comments - "Tension is Excellent". That cemented the fact that I will be a Glide girl from now on. That was not the case before. I was always tweeking the tension & had problems.

Bekah - Whenever I've ordered from Fil-Tec, it has never taken 2 weeks. Maybe you hit a 3 day weekend or something when you ordered. It only took about 5 to 6 working days for an order to get to the west coast. And that is about the same time as other East Coast businesses I've ordered from.

I love those threads and magna glide bobbins. If I have my way, I'll use it exclusively. My tension problems seem to disappear overnight.

I was introduced to this thread when Karen Mctavish gave the workshop in Julian, CA. Merry Jo Rembolt was our hostess and she has been trying to convince us for a while about this fabulous thread.

Corey

They are working on more colors in the Magna Glide Classic bobbins. They used to have a whole line, but there was some problem and they had to discontinue all but those shown. They do have more colors in the other bobbins and we are all waiting and hoping that the Classics come back with more colors. I had only used the white, cream, tan, dark gray and light gray and never had any trouble. I had no experience with the other colors. They were taken off the site before I could try them. :o

I'm a dedicated glide quilter. Love the thread and especially the pre-wound bobbins. The bobbins work great with Superior's LAVA thread also, just finished a large baby quilt and the tension was perfect. Check their site, it's usually cheaper to buy from the source. They have a lot of "shipping free" on weekend orders. I'm about to try their perma-soft thread and bobbins for those that want the "cotton" touch.

I tested their monofiliment recently (pre-wound bobbin). Worked great on my DSM but the plastic spool was a bit to thick for "Gator".

Archived