Latest quilt for customer

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

This quilt was enormous and my customer didn't want to pay the full custom price. I probably should have charged her more than I did, but it's for our guild show in October. I'm not entirely happy with it, but it's done -- that's the best part.

1312_DSCN1312_1.jpg

1312_DSCN1314_1.jpg

1312_DSCN1319_1.jpg

1312_DSCN1317_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Linda

Let me say great job!! I always enjoy looking at the pictures of your work you are one of many very talented quilters on this site that gives me inspiration to continue in my goal to be as good.....I know the kind of practice and hard work that goes into getting that good so thanks for sharing. In regards to quilting this you said the woman did not want to pay for full custom that looks about as custom as anything I have ever seen so did she pay custom price? I was also wondering what you would charge for something like that ...thanks Jackie

www.sewcreativequilts.com

Guest Linda S

Thank you all. If you were to look at it up close, you'd see it's not all that good, but I did a pretty good job of faking it. Thanks to the Circle Lord, I got to put some cool designs in spots where I had no idea what to do.

Joy - the border is curling amish feathers. I use a circle template to draw the partial circles, then free hand the feathers over the spines. I wasn't real happy with those feathers either, but I'm getting better at them.

I forgot to say that it's so big, I had no good place to hang it, so my sister is holding it over the railing on the upper deck of her house. It's not hanging quite straight but, oh well.

Thanks again,

Linda

I don't what it takes to make you happy Linda S:

But I would love it if I had done that quilt, you shouldn't knock your work in from of Newbie's, we already have a large hill to climb just to be almost that good. ;)

Keep showing those lovely quilts.

Linda:

Beautiful work and the Amish feathers in border are fabulous! I can't imagine why this wasn't full custom!! All that SID, different treatments in different squares, the border (which I'm guewssing you had to mark out) . . . sounds like custom to me!!

Sara

Archived