Day and Night I call "No Mellow Yellow" or "Gotta Wear Shades'

CindyT

This inspires me to make a two-tone quilt. The first quilt I painted on my barn was two-tone just because I didn't want to buy a lot of paint. I love the bright and "old fashioned" look of your quilt. Maybe in "those" days, no one bought lots and lots of fabrics and stashed them away like we do now. I love the way the piecing plays the optical illusion of curves, much like a "storm at sea" arrangement. I like the way you went into the borders with the block design. Nice job.

Thanks for the post.

Cindy, I really love your quilt, the colors are perfect. And the quilting really fits the quilt. Did you use Quiltazoid for the entire quilt? I know Meg posted her quilt pictures using her Quiltazoid, just torn about getting Quiltazoid or Circle Lord.

I didn't realize how many yellow fans there were! Thanks for all the comments.:)

Karen, the only things on this quilt that I didn't use the Quiltazoid for was the piano keys (I don't have that board yet), SID, and the flowers in the block centers. I am very pleased with the Quiltazoid and try to use it on literally every quilt I can. There are several threads on this forum about the the Quiltazoid vs. Circle Lord if you do a search on them. No regrets on my purchase of the Quiltazoid and Linda and Adam's customer service for the Quiltazoid is the best!

I am really thinking about frogging mine while I am waiting for Lenni's parts to come. (Her stitch regulator isn't working right.) I don't have that much done and the stitches aren't all the same size, there are some really big ones in there. I don't have all the templates you used, but I think I can make what I have work.

I have trouble envisioning the finished product. It helps so much to see everyone's finished pieces.

Lynn, I agree so much that it helps to see pictures of others for the ideas. That's one of the best things about this quilt forum in everyone willing to share, teach and learn.

Grace, the templates are the Quiltazoid templates (on www.quiltazoid.com) and that's how they are referred to on the website and literature. I just thought it would help those wanting to use their templates or purchase those templates to know which ones I used.

Archived