Day and Night I call "No Mellow Yellow" or "Gotta Wear Shades'

CindyT

A handful of pictures to come. Started this in Day and Night guild class last month (thank you Red Barn Quilting teacher Brenda Shreve). Was supposed to be a table runner, but I got carried away.:D My mom's favorite color is yellow, but when she saw this top (before quilted) her comment was "Hmmm, that's a lot of yellow." Must have been too much for her so it's going in my new quilt studio. It took me 9 hours to quilt.

post--13461904871188_thumb.jpg

cindy ~ that quilt is so cute - you did a fabulous job on it - i love it. makes me look at the yellows in my stash and want to start cutting....

do you knot and bury or do you backtrack at starts and stops? excuse me if i've already asked you this, but it's the big ? in my head right now. i worry about stability and the ability to launder quilts that have been backtracked vs knotting and burying.

any thoughts?

I'm glad you all are liking the yellow. It is bright for sure.

Meg, on this one I backtracked my stops and starts. I was in a hurry to get it done for show and tell or else I probably would have knotted and buried because it will be in our guild's quilt show come next July. I tell you though, I have two king size quilts that we use on our bed that I didn't even know what knot and bury was when I did them and they have both held up well to several washings over the past 4 years. I think it's a matter of preference, usage, and timing (I'm not fast at knotting and burying).

Archived