hot off the frame!

i hate getting so excited about one of my quilts cause i don't want to come across as self-centered....but i'm throwing that out the window!

i just took my Sister's Choice block swap quilt off my frame...i am super happy with how it turned out (this was the quilt giving me the thread loop probem)

thanks for all that made blocks and participated...i LOVE my quilt....

i put more picturs on my blog... CLICK HERE thanks for looking!

post--13461904938983_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Was it fun to quilt? Looks like it was (except for the loopies). Me personally, I wish you'd post every quilt!

it was a blast to quilt..i was a bit apprehensive about pebbling that background- that's alot of black and would be alot of pebbles, but then i had the idea to make them 'bigger' than a traditional pebbles filler (the smallest pebbles are about dime sized). i was scared i'd bitten off more than i could chew, but the whole quilt (including the pebbling) only took about 10 hours. i'm extremely happy with it...i feel like the larger pebbles totally work....smaller ones would of looked (as they say on Project Runway) over worked...:)

sylvia- i pretty much post every quilt to my blog...stop by, take your coat off, and stay for a while- i'll even get you a glass of tea :P

Great work, Shannon. I really like your quilting. There is always some area that gives ideas that someone can try on their own quilts.

I agree with Sylvia, I can't spend great time on the blogs, and if they don't get posted here we miss so many opportunities to drool, comment, and learn. You have my permission to get excited about your quilts, and to post many pictures here for us to be excited about too. Thanks.

Great quilting, Shannon! Love the border especially! And the stones. And the even/even loops. And..oh heck--the whole thing!

I will add my vote to the line for more postings from you.

I visit your blog and love to see your gorgeous things, but this is family your talkin' to on the forum!

How was the trip to Loos-ee-anna?

Archived