Cross quilt finished!

Here are pictures of the cross quilt that I had asked you all about. The pictures aren't the best to show off the thread, but I REALLY liked the thread. It is Isocard verigated. I think the name is something like pineforest or something with "pine" ..... :/ . I was especailly excited about the border. For the spine I used my Nautilis Rulers and freehanded the feathers. This is the first time I used a different clolor thread on black fabric!!!! I am very pleased with it!!! :D Thanks for looking~!!! linda

post--13461905036201_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is really beautiful! Your feathers are great, and I too really like the contrast between the lines on the cross and the swirly background. I love to use Isacord, it usually doesn't even require a tension adjustment on my machine while I have superior threads on it....and my LQS stocks alot of it as they are into embroidery. Anyway....just beautiful! Is it a gift for someone?

Thanks all!! :) Lisa E... Here is the site... Quilter's Rule. I tried to get you to the exact spot on their site where the rulers are...we'll see if it works!;) If you get them, I highly recomend getting the book that is available! Well worth the $12 or so, so you can know how to use them! http://www.quiltersrule.com/template/designerSheriWood.html

Archived