Dreams...they do come true

I have had a dream of getting a longarm for 15 years...and by the end of the month...that dream will become a reality. After some missed communications with Heidi, we caught up with each other and it is on its way. I am so excited, I will be reading back through posts for basic info on what I will be doing until I can get to a class. We do have a sales rep in Santa Fe...I hope she will be available for the beginning lessons. I also hope you very informative ladies ( and the gentlemen) will be willing to lend your expertise to this newbie?

Thanks in advance...

Beverly "Snowflake" Spencer

Beverly, welcome to the world of longarm quilting! It will open up a whole new world for you! Which machine are you getting? Before I got my first machine, I read and read and read up all I could about the machine, just to familiarise myself with the termininology. That was so helpful when everything was set up.Go get yourself some practice quilts ready to load once your machine arrives and enjoy!

Happy quilting!

Shelley

Congratulations!!

You are going to have so much fun, I have had my Millie since July and it has opened the creative doors.

In the December '10 Fons and Porter Love of Quilting, p. 50, Dawn Cavanaugh has a great article on Practice Makes Perfect. Plus there are some really good short videos on u-tube, and they are free!!

Good Luck, I learned lots from this forum and everyone is so supportive.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures soon!!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelongarm

Artistic Quilt Design

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! You are going to love your new machine and be sure to search this forum for lots of information that will help you along the way. I can feel your excitement! There are many talented people on this forum who are willing to help out...lend support...provide encouragement.

Beverly,

Welcome! The forum is a great source of information. The search button on the upper left of the forum page is most useful.

Since so much of LA'ing is developing mind/body memory, it really does help to draw as much as possible. So much of our practice doesn't have to involve the machine. Paper and pencil or marker/whiteboard are great places to start.

Congrats on making the first part of your dream, owing a longarm machine, come true. Best wishes with the next part of the dream - learning how to use it and having fun with the learning process.

Lynn

Thank you so much for the encouragement...I have been collecting books and magazines for this day for years! Reading this forum has really given me so much information...I hope I can find it all when the time comes to actually put it into practice. Heidi was on a F & P and said that using a white board was an excellent way to practice, and I have tried that and she was so right, hope I can move the machine just like that! I have also been making tops for 4 kids and 10 grandchildren...plus a few for myself...and some just because I saw a kit and liked it.

Again...you folks are the greatest inspiration!!!

Congratulations and welcome.

Humm...longarm classes in Santa Fe? Can it get any better? :)

Have you ever eaten at "The Shed?" It is right by the Plaza. I think it is my favorite restaurant in Santa Fe, and I've been to quite a few there. And, their Margueritas are pretty darn good, too.

(My son lives about an hour north of Santa Fe, so I get to visit a couple times a year.)

Archived