Log Cabin quilt for my parents for Christmas

Guest Linda S

It's gorgeous CJ! I like pantos on Log Cabins myself. I usually use something like waterworld, etc. Anything swirly (like your Clematis) works really well I think. Really nice choice and beautiful quilting.

Originally posted by hmerrill

LOL I have to use that for a quilt for my mom. My mom had gotten a new clematis plant and was telling me about it. She says, "Oh I got a new plant, ummmm, ummm oh yeah Chlamydia!" Then she followed that up with "and I have been out in the yard humping all day." I laughed until I cried and still tease her about that.

Heidi,

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAOPIMP

You just can't make that kind of story up, that is just too funny.

CJ,

Your parents are very lucky people, I hope they know just how special a gift like this is!!!

on the off chance they just don't absolutely adore it, you can send it my way, I will gladly take it off their hands ;)

Lisa :)

I love that pantograph too !! I so wish I didnt have to pay so much in shipping and vat to the UK for everything !!!

In the scheme of pantos CJ (being mainly a panto girl myself) would you say it was a difficult one to master? In particular those ribbon curls??

Your quilt looks wonderful, lots of texture! Which wadding did you use in it?

:)

Thanks again everyone!

Janette, that was the first time I've used that panto, no it wasn't difficult at all... to me any panto with points is super easy, it's the ones with foot long arc's that I find tough to stay steady on... like "Royal Plumes" by Judy Allen. To me, that's a difficult panto.

I used Hobbs 80/20 on this quilt. It's starting to become my favorite over Quilters Dream, which can be a bit stretchy, but the Hobbs is idiot proof!

Thanks CJ, I may have to add that one to my collection. I know what you mean about the long arcs, they are alot more difficult to keep on track.

I also just used Hobbs 80/20 for the first time on the longarm, and admit to being impressed by the performance on the longarm, and surprising loft. It was supplied by a customer though, but might think of stocking it next time I run out !!

Again, love your quilt. Your parents will love it for sure.

:)

Originally posted by cjtinkle

Thanks everyone! The thread is a 30wt Valdani hand dye in deep golds (variegated) but doesn't show well in the photos. I just finished binding it, so hope to get some outdoor pictures soon.

I will never use that thread again though, ugh. What a PITA!

Beautiful quilt! The panto is wonderful - and just right for it.

I love that brand of thread, and use it often. It's one of the prettiest, to me. It shows really well on quilts, and has luscious colors. I'm surprised you had issues with it :)

Great job - and I know you're parents will adore that quilt!

Debbie in Austin

Archived