This is a Test

I'm trying to see if I can post a picture. If it does, I'll come back with remarks. It worked!

Some of you may remember a few months ago I was looking for a pattern to make a quilt for a cousin that I just met who wanted a quilt made like a bedspread, to the floor, to go with her green bedroom walls and wanted it by Thanksgiving. Well, she did get it, but it was a headache because no matter how big I made it I had to "add another row". Well it's done! Now ask me if I care if its big enough. It's pictured here on a king size bed and she has a queen.

Sheryl, The fabric is by Kona Bay. Are you familiar with the 4 stack poise pattern? That is what this is. You notice that all the centers are different. They are made up of 4 - 4" identical squares rotated to form a kind of pinwheel. This is my second one like this. I really like the posie pattern and am always looking for different ways to put it together. Normally, the border would be the fabric uncut and you could see what the posies came from; but this is all blocks. I think it also comes in black. The quilting is some of my freehand efforts. I don't do much of that, wish I did; I find pantos easier, but I try. Yes, I'm a pushover for log cabins also. I have at least three tops that I want to do feathers on, but I am still feather challenged:(. I do feathers really well on a panto though.:D

Thank you all for the kind comments. I can't take credit for the design. I saw it online somewhere using the logs; but the creative juices are flowing with ideas using the posie, i.e., the center of a star. This is one I started using the old jewel box pattern, which today would be called a scrap quilt.

post--13461905128339_thumb.jpg

Ok, Ok, I give in! No, I'm not familiar with the 4-stack posie pattern, but I sure want to be! Love it! And I need another pattern like I need a whole in my head! I'm imagining poinsettias for Christmas. I'm going to try and google it, and if I don't have any luck, you'll be hearing from me. I'm thinking this would be a great idea for my oldest Daughter for Christmas!

Sheryl

Sheryl,

I never had a pattern; I was shown how to make the posie and I went to the LQS to see one on display after I made my posies. The pattern I saw was by HD Designs I think. Like I said, I never saw or had a pattern. But you should find it online. The next one I want to make from a pattern is by Quilt Moments, can't remember the designer's name but the pattern is called twilight kaleidoscope.

Archived