Keep you fingers crossed please.

Tomorrow I deliver my machine to Surrey to await Mark. It's reached the point where I can't get the top tension tight enough to stop loops forming on the bottom of the quilt, even when it is pulling the bobbin thread to the top. I've just quilted, unpicked, requilted and unpicked. I have customers waiting and I can't do anything. I just hope Mark can get my machine to work. I don't know what I am going to do if he can't resolve this.

Once the machine is safely delivered I can start talking to customers :( All on top of an extra large tax bill and a bank error not in my favour. Ho hum.

So cross everything for me, please.

Ferret

Hi Ferret,

Hope all goes well with your machine, maybe it is time to upgrade !!! The Lucey looks great !!

I also hate the tax man at the moment, I have been drowing in client tax returns this last month and still working on my own, and one client !!! I too have a higher than expected bill so not a good time of year ! I want to get back to quilting now !!!

Hope your machine is fixable, sounds like Mark will be busy when he arrives.

:)

There is no way I can afford an upgrade, especially at this time of year. Besides my machine hasn't really paid for itself yet so I don't really want to have to replace it.

I keep telling myself big tax bills are a good thing, but somehow it doesn't quite feel right.

Don't suppose you fancy another client do you Janette?

Ferret

Hi Ferret,

I know what you mean about this time of year - tax payments and all. If you are paying higher taxes, means you are earning more money ! (well that is what I keep telling myself at least!!)

No I don't mind a new tax client at all !!! email me if you would like.

I was hoping to offer you the use of my machine (perhaps in exchange for some quilting tips !!! :)) as I don't use it every day, (although I have some customer quilts to do this week too) but couldn't really think practically how I could offer it, with my family life and limited space here to work in,and possibility of sending machine for service this week too.

I am pretty sure Mark will be able to fix your tension issues, but seriously something to consider if by the following weeks you are not getting anywhere.

Thanks Janette, look out for the email.

The machine is delivered, grubby and ready to take part in the workshop. Having a used machine means you can show exactly where the lint gets, and I think mine has got every where, sorry Mark :)

I am so keeping my fingers crossed.

Ferret

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

OK.............they say bad things come in Threes..........machine on the fritz (1), taxes (2), bank error (3). You should be on the side for good things to happen now !

Hang in there. :):)

I liked that theory, really I did. However the universe has different ideas. I've got a sore throat and the van has just blown it's water pump ( the one for habitation not the engine). So new pump time huh. Lets place bets on whether I am still talking after 3 days of teaching.

On the bright side, this is the right time for these problems. I deal with them while I am at home and hopefully have less problems when I am on the road next week.

Ferret

Archived