Micro-managing customer and Valentine's Day

*bonk*bonk*bonk* Can you hear me banging my head against the wall?

A regular customer brought her hubby (couple in their thirties) with a top she made for him. VERY geometric. VERY solid mustard/purple/burgundy/dark olive/navy. He picked the fabrics, colors, pattern, PLACEMENT of the blocks, made her move some after she had sewn it together...are you getting my drift? He talked with me at length (can you imagine an HOUR?) about quilting designs. Had me draw many water-meander types--with swirls, without swirls, close together, not so close, all across, very static, a bit looser, with rounded ends, with pointed ends, with square ends....I'm exhausted just writing this! Maybe a maze design? Can you do a maze without the lines crossing? How about with the lines crossing?

They took back the backer because he wasn't happy with her piecing of the three sections.

So....I'm thinking maybe HE should take up quilting! Then it would be perfect. My sympathy for my friend the piecer shot up to the moon as I watched her meekly let him "discuss" everything with me--him "kindly" criticizing her work in that he had to pick everything out and place it all so she could "get it right". Her life must be hellish!

Oh, she talked to me at guild and said her sweetie decided he wanted the water meander we finally decided upon to have squared ends instead of curved ends. OK........

My point to all this--go give your DH/SO a big hug and a kiss for being so good to you! Or thank your lucky stars you are single!!

Happy Valentine's Day ya'll! I love you!:cool:

Oh my, oh my !!!!! That poor, poor woman............what must her life be like at home? She probably can't do ANYTHING right - according to him. He sounds like the type that would bounce her off the wall if his supper wasn't quite up to par. Or maybe he just likes to play the head/mind games. Sometimes that's worse. Do they have children???? I certainly hope not. :(:(:(:mad:

The poor lady, she must be a wreck just getting regular daily tasks done to his satisfaction. Linda, after an hour of witnessing the exchange between the two and his 'interview' related to the quilting, I'd have sent him away with the quilt top and told him to find someone else. I hope this has a happy ending for you.

:P That's the kind of guy that you give an inch and they take a mile. Poor girl! I would have probably gotten exhausted after the first 30 min. and told him to "not look a gift horse in the mouth!" I would have liked to tell him much more and thrown him out of my studio until he had an attitude adjustment, but the poor girl would have had to listen to him go on about me and she has enough to deal with. If I were her, I would never make him another quilt as long as I lived!!

That is just plain rude, cruel & completely unacceptable behavior!!!

Linda you truly are a saint, I would have sent that one out the door packing!

Wow, I am sad for her, life is waaaay too short to deal with head trip crazies!:mad:

Oh Good heavens! That poor woman! How trapped she must feel!

So, Here's how I look at my single life:

Remember when your husband goes away for a few days? And you're excited to have a few days to not cook dinner, do laundry, sweep, take care of others needs, etc? Well, I've had 11 years of it now and guess what?

IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!

LOL, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my plain vanilla life!

So, YES, I am grateful every day for my singleness!

I probably would have had to tell him he would have to take the quilt to someone else that I was sure I would not be able to please him and would not want him to have to take it out. And, more than likely he would have her take it out anyways. I love my husband and appreciate him even more after reading stuff like this. Good luck with this one.

Archived