Manquilter's Grande Opening - Congratulations!

I think Matt and Bradie are just a weee bit busy getting ready for the next couple of days, but just wanted to send my congratulations to them on their Quilt Gallery Grande Opening - Sparrow Studioz. Their opening show consists of over 80 quilts. I am dropping by tomorrow to see, I am sure it will be great.

Just wanted everyone else to know what was happening in our cold part of the world. (I am very envious of the paper whites . . . )

This gallery will be a great addition to Edmonton and to showcase all the work and beauty the artistry of quilting brings into our lives.

Congratulations again, Matt and Bradie.

I will try to get some pics to post tomorrow. Think he can stand still enough for one?

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

Huge thanks to everyone that has made this possible! We finished hanging all 104 quilts late last night. We have consignments from local award winning quilt artists like Mary Holdgrafer, Peggy Fleet, Shirley Way, Margo Fiddes... as well as submissions from my American friends Peggy Bass and Dana Lynch.

We are determined to educate the general public of the countless hours of hard work and talent that goes into each and every quilt. What a great opportunity for homeowners to own a piece of fibre art.

I will post pics later. Thanks again from Bradie and I.

Congratulations Matt!! I'm sooo happy things are going so well you and Brodie. I had a brain thunk a few weeks ago, (probably form the drugs while in the hospital), that it would be a goo idea to include the amount of time it took to complete the displayed quilt from beginning to end on the notes some shows post next to the quilt. Time is money, and I think it would realy be an eye opener and education for many people who enjoy seeing quilts but have no concept of the effort involved and then wonder why they cost soo much. Cost of fabric is one thing, but the amount of time is another way to enlighten the general public.

Here's parying things go smoothly and your doors are busting with customers! Woohoo.

Archived