Sigh...Prayers please! UPDATE

I usually only like to post happy thoughts but my darling Grandson, 4-1/2 months old, was admitted to ICU an hour ago. He has been sick for two weeks and steadily getting worse. Now he has pneumonia, RSV, high fever that won't break and constant cough. 4 ER visits, countless doctor visits, and now the hospital. All this from being in daycare for 2 weeks before it started. My son, who is a Navy doc, said RSV is highly contagious and all the kids in the daycare have had/do have it. So.....the good news is my DIL said no way and gave her notice at work over a week ago. She decided her child is more important. Yayyyyyy!!!!!! I am headed down to be the daycare provider until her last day at work.

Please add him to your many prayer requests. We quilters hold each other up and right now, being 3000 miles away is really hard.

My prayers go out to you and your family. I went through this when one of my boys was 8 weeks old. I had gone back to work at the Mayo Clinic for only 2 days when he came down with this after having 8 weeks of maternity leave. Spent four nights in the hospital with him. I can't blame it on daycare as he had two older sisters who were around him all the time and he had not been in daycare long enough to pick it up there.

I feel the anxiety of having a child so young and so sick in the hospital. Enjoy your days of daycare with him Grandma!!

Nancy Jo,

Of course your in my prayers. I am glad you are able to go and help. I know how much you love all your grandkids and spoil them. The kids are going to be excited to see you. Plus you will get to see the sun for more then five minutes.

Keep us updated

Melora

No no no Melora, you don't understand. Now FLorida will have it's rainiest and coldest March on record....;););););) It follows me....that's why you are freezing...

Thank you for the prayers. Just knowing you are all out there makes things seem brighter.

Guest Linda S

Prayers are on the way Nancy Jo - they had a story on the news last night about all the RSV and whooping cough that is going around, especially in small children. I pray the treatments at the hospital will clear this up for your sweet grandson and get him back to being a bouncing toddler in no time!

Archived