A busy month

March has been a whirlwind--two birthdays, a wonderful visit with Dell and her Bobby, and quilts to keep on track.

Here is a series of photos to show how many different types of quilts I am trusted with. Bless my great customers!

First--a teaser. This quilt is being shopped around to shows so I won't post a full shot.

A cute modern take on Sunbonnet Sue in black, white and red. Modern Sues and that standard triple sashing. Instead of a nine patch for sashing stones, she used an iron cross block(?) which she then used again in the border.

This is a new sashing design I thought up and it worked well with this quilt. Red strips were left unquilted.

Metro thread throughout.

post--13461905803019_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A change in tone!

Taupe-y browns and grays with cream--lots of stitching.

This piecer never likes any of her quilts until they sit at my house for a while and then get quilted. I think the time spent not seeing the quilts makes her forget what they look like! Then she is in love with them again!

All So Fine thread.

post--13461905803255_thumb.jpg

Wow! These are all beautiful. I'm fascinated by the "one block wonder". Do you know the name of the pattern used for that one? I just keep going back to look at that one again.

Keep the photos coming, looking at them is one of my favorite ways to relax!

Update: Never mind, I found the "name" of the pattern. Duh, do I feel like an idiot. Oh well, not the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last! ;)

These quilts are delicious!!! Your quilting is devine!!!Linda, thanks for showing pictures. Too many folks nowadays only post to their blogs. I love to see pics on here!!!! Now, for the real question: Will you adopt me? I wouldn't eat much and I would be very very good! I want to quilt like you and I could soak up all your knowledge and then you'd have a "mini-me!" Hows that sound?

Archived