NQR - feeling stupid

but need to share with people who might understand.

Long story short, my DH and I were at the jewelry store because a stone fell out of my wedding ring. He started showing me anniversary rings. Even asked for a quote on one if we changed a couple of the diamonds to our birthstones and our wedding month stone too. Anyway, as much as I love the idea of a ring;) all I could think was but I'd rather have the quilltazoid or CL (am still checking things out there) and they'd cost less. I feel bad because he's being so generous but it would break his heart if I told him I'd rather have more quilting toys.

Thanks for "listening".

Connie,

LOL I know exactly how you feel! My hubby always said when we had our anniversary he was going to get me a "proper diamond ring." Well I had a really small diamond, very dainty but I always loved it. I'm not much into jewlery and I would tell him that I didn't need a new ring. I knew it didn't matter how much I protested it was important to him. Well on our 25th Anniversary hubby came to my job dressed in a white tux with tails, just like he wore for our wedding (aging myself I know) but he got down on bended knee and proposed again and gave me an absolutely beautiful ring. It made him so happy. Don't get me wrong the ring is beautiful and I love him for it but I didn't need it. Everytime I look at it all I see is him proposing to me and how happy and proud he was to give me what he thought was a "proper ring." LOL I still sometimes miss my little ring. So long story short sometimes we just have to accept what will make our hubby's happy and then wait for just the perfect moment and drop the hint about the new toy you really want! :P:P:P

tell him - i got over it and told my hubby and i'm so glad i did. he was FINE with it! he loves getting me quilty things now. and he appreciates that i can send him links and all he has to do is order it! much less effort and much more happiness!

Meg- wish I could, I dropped a hint and you could see his face fall. Waiting will be worth not hurting his feelings. He was totally supportive of me buying Lenni this past August and went out of his way to make it work.

Heidi - That's how I feel.

Thanks guys, I don't feel quiet so stupid now.

Connie, you don't say how long you have been married but I have been married 36 years and I can tell you this - take the ring and give him lots of love for it. The ring is his gift to you. It is for him because it shows his love for you. Be proud and wear it all the time and brag on it and make him smile. Mike bought me a surprise ring at Christmas and I wear it often and show it off and he is pleased as punch. It is as much about him as it is about you. that is just MHO

you are right - waiting will be worth not hurting his feelings. hubbys feelings are definately more important than toys.

Originally posted by connieb

Meg- wish I could, I dropped a hint and you could see his face fall. Waiting will be worth not hurting his feelings. He was totally supportive of me buying Lenni this past August and went out of his way to make it work.

Heidi - That's how I feel.

Thanks guys, I don't feel quiet so stupid now.

:)

Connie,

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 26 years, 8 months, 16 days. My birthday and Mother's Day are really close, so in 2008 he took me to Shane Jewelers. I asked what we were doing there, and he said getting a new diamond ring. I was totally shocked, this is not like my husband at all. Maybe I should have had a clue, since he had given me diamond earrings and upgraded them twice. Anyway, we picked out a setting, and he picked out the diamond. Now every Christmas, Mother's Day/Birthday since he has upgraded the diamond. He is so happy that he has found something that I will not just go out and buy myself. I love the fact that he enjoys doing this.

So if your husband wants to do this for you, let him do it. Thank him, show your friends and family. I personally love to be spoiled, after raising 3 wonderful kids, who are now all adults, it is nice to feel appreciated.

If my husband suggested a ring, I'd drop dead of the shock. I'm not much of a jewelry person, but I'd be thrilled nevertheless. A QZ is a wonderful thing, too..but the ring can be handed down to daughters or granddaughters, and they will remember you as long as the ring survives. By all means, take the ring.

Guest Linda S

There's nothing like a man who has such romantic tendencies. The fact that he's thinking of something that binds the two of you together with a celebration of the month you came together is awesome. Let him get you the ring. Work on the quilting tools later.

Thank you all. We've been married 19 1/2 years. He wants to put 2 diamonds (his and our oldest birthstones), a ruby (my birthstone), an amethyst (our youngest sons birthstone) and the birthstone for the month we got married which is pink trillium in the ring. It will be very special. I just seem to have quilting on the brain lately. I wear my rings ALL the time.

Great stories. I think my hubby is afraid to get me anything else. Around 6 years ago he bought me a small embroidery/sewing machine for Christmas. He normally didn't buy me presents. You can probably guess the rest, his gift sent me on an everlasting quilting adventure !!!!:cool:

Archived