First Project done with Bliss

I quilted this 32 x 32 table topper / wall hanging over the weekend and had such a fun time with it. This is the first time that I have quilted the clamshells on a real quilt and am very happy with how they turned out. Plus, for the first time, I did all my borders without turning my quilt!! I have been "directionally challenged" and have found it kind of tricky being consistent when quilting up and down. I took one of Deloa's classes at the Milwaukee quilt show last summer and she really stressed being able to quilt in all directions so I've been practicing and am happy with my first attempt on something besides a practice piece. Hope you enjoy the pictures. :)

"100_1798.jpg"

"100_1799.jpg"

"100_1800.jpg"

"100_1801.jpg"

"100_1802.jpg"

Oh, I forgot to mention that the center block is embroidered. It was our Embroidery Club project for February so I wanted to finish the project even though February and Valentine's Day is long gone, but I'll have it to use next year. If I put it in a drawer to finish it next winter, it would be forgotten and never get done...... :cool: :P :P

Archived