is the bobbin half full or half empty?

backstory (you have to know all this for what i gotta say to make sense :))

okay- i made a quilt that i'm hoping to make my first payfer pattern...it needed to be quilted (duh). it's a muli colored top with a neon pink solid colored backing. i use my favorite thread in the needle (maxi-lock tye dye punch) and i usually pick bobbin color by which ever thread i already have many bobbins wound. as i started looking at my bobbins (i wind my own btw) i noticed i had lots of half full bobbins that were of similar colors to the top

*WHAM* light bulb!

i used all my 1/2full bobbins on the back! i just popped one in and when it ran out, i just threw in another- paying NO attention to that one's color! (i did knot and bury 'cause the backer fabric would of showed it off in a bad way)

the result: a great looking backing that looks like i used a varigated thread and i emptied out some bobbins of colors i rarely ever used!!

to be honest- i wasn't sure this would look good once finished, but after i finished quilting, unloaded, and flipped it over *grin* it looks better than anticipated!

it's hard to show in a picture- see the all the different colors! it looks better in person- now the back has visual interest as well!

post--13461906031621_thumb.jpg

Archived