just for fun- quilting suggestions?

i have my 'kitchen sink' flimsy finished and i'm playing around with how i want to quilt it and what thread color(s)...it's big 97 x 109 and i'm using a solid lime green for the backer.

so- let's play! if i were your customer and told you to quilt it however using no pantos, what would you do?

post--1346190624357_thumb.jpg

I don't think I'd go into it with a concrete plan. I think I'd just have fun quilting funky on each block. The only constant is the border. I'd make the border "say the same thing all the way around" to bring it all together. It would be fun to use the CL or OZ in a few blocks and just play in the others. This really is the kitchen sink.

I would just play on it. I would keep the outside border consistant. I would try to use designs over again within the different blocks to pull it all together. I think lime green thread might just work on this one. I would definitely pick a dense background fill to use in each block to push the background back and let the individual blocks shine. I like to SID and then just add in embellishments as needed. I see swirls, curls and feathers on this quilt. Proabably some curved CH'ing too. You are doodlebug though so no doubt it will be spectacular!

I'd be putting bright purple thread both front and back.

I'd love to do swirls on it but you said not pantos so I assume no boards either.

So highlight the bigger blocks with cc's tt etc then spiked swirls the rest. Give the border its own special treatment and the kitchen sink too.

Lyn

Good one, Libby.:P

You know if it were me, I'd be using every Quiltazoid apparatus I have in all those different blocks, but I think your special doodling all over (except the borders) would work with the funky color scheme like Kristina said. Be sure and post pictures when you're done. ;)

I would do something continuous around the 'sawtooth' border and then something different in each of the blocks. Something that goes with the blocks, i.e. shakes or tiles on the roof of the house, etc.

Just use your imagination (which I happen to know you have plenty) and go for it. This would be fun one to quilt.

Archived