Long Arm Sanctuary

I see so many great machines for sale on the forum. I want to buy them all but alas, I don't have the funds. I would love to have a long arm sanctuary, where all these machines could come and quilt all day long. I'm sure I could find people to run them. So if any of you want to donate you machine so it can live out its life with me, my contact information is readily available. (I think I have space for about five more machines) :)

Donna

Guest Linda S

They would all be great in the long arm quilters retirement home! We have it al designed - sort of circular with studios (with a daybed in the corner in case you really have to sleep) on the outside of the building with nice big windows. In the center will be the entertainment room and kitchen, staffed by good looking cabana boys who are great chefs. Good plan, dontcha think?

Originally posted by Linda S

They would all be great in the long arm quilters retirement home! We have it al designed - sort of circular with studios (with a daybed in the corner in case you really have to sleep) on the outside of the building with nice big windows. In the center will be the entertainment room and kitchen, staffed by good looking cabana boys who are great chefs. Good plan, dontcha think?

Don't forget that we'll need a housekeeping staff too. Oh, and magic chocolate that tastes yummy with no calories.

Actually, when my Great Aunt moved into a senior living condo, she found a large common room filled with some very high end woodworking tools. Apparently one of the gentlemen who moved in a few years prior didn't want to leave them, and the people who ran the facility arranged to change a seriously underused banquet hall into a woodworking shop for all the older men who lived there, and they *loved* it. When the gentleman passed away some years later, the tools were willed to the organization and a plaque placed - Great Aunt learned how to use a lathe when she was 76, and started making some really lovely wood bowls. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar with sewing machines and quilting machines, someday.

Guest Linda S

Of course, there will be on-call masseurs! Lots of room for Moxie Meetings, big screen TV with a subscription to QNN, plus lots of quilting videos for the DVD or Blu-Ray player. And, of course, a good supply of chick flicks -- oh heck, we'll just have a Netflix subscription! And, outside, there will be the pool and hot tub. Each studio will have a bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Quilters, after all, must be comfortable!!

Guest Linda S

Catherine - I'm with you. I like vodka martinis - three large queen olives and just wave the bottle of vermouth over the glass.

post--13461906343231_thumb.jpg

Archived