Any quilters that are doing Weight Watchers?

I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago. Lost 4.8 lbs in the first two weeks then stalled out on week three. I have several friends who started in January and have met their goals. Thought we might support each other in getting healthy as well as in our quilting. To me the WW board is really impersonal. We all help each other out here in so many ways, why not this too?

PS>>Just so those of you who click on this thread know, Most of us are going to the Quilting and Healthy Lifestyle thread. I thought I restricted it too much just talking about Weight Watchers. We are getting good posts of good info and getting to sound off about frustrations in our eating habits and efforts to live healthy. So many good problem solving ideas are being posted. Join us there. I will start a new thread every week and put the date in the title when I post it. That way we don't have to wade through so many pages every time we go there to look at the latest.

;);):D

I've been back on Weight Watchers for one week. I weighed in this morning and I lost 3 lbs. I am a yo-yo and I hope this time I can lose the weight and maintain it forever. It is such a struggle. I'm willing to be counted in your support group.

Me too! I see they have free sign up, so I will make a commitment to go sign up next week! Thanks for the reminder, Sharon. For some reason going to the meetings and being accountable every week makes a huge difference for me!

Weight control has been a lifetime struggle for me.

I always heard that girls gain weight when they start their period and that it would come off during menopause. NOT true.

Breast feeding was supposed to get rid of the baby weight. Not true for me.

Becoming an exercise fanatic would give me the body of my dreams.

I maintained and toned, but then, maybe I didn't make it all the way to 'fanatic'.

What are your favorite strategies for staying on track?

My best bet is to eliminate sugar, except for special events.

I'm in. Made goal about a year ago, and have put back about 10 lbs back on. Working too much, and not able to get all the bike riding in that I'd like.

I am struggling most with tracking, doing okay at breakfast and lunch, it's dinner that gets forgotten, and or just ignored if I'm going to be honest! However, we're talking about tracking this week, so I guess it's something that I'd better work on. After all, this is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Count me in !!!!!! I've been a WW on and off for YEARS. I quit last Fall and just needed to take a break from everything for a few months. On our way home from our vacation in February and feeling like a bloated whale, I informed my DH that I was going back to WW on Tuesday morning ! And, I did ! Not getting very far, but not gaining either. Maybe some support from fellow quilters will help. I got absolutely nothing out of the WW support boards. So, let's do this !!!! :P

Beth:

I've never been able to track or 'journal' anything but we subscribe to the WW online monthly pass. It's more expensive than just paying for meetings but all the tools are there to track online (food, weight and activity) and lots of helpful articles as well. I wouldn't be so faithful about writing in a food diary but I'm online often during the day so I always stop here (APQS forum) and I'm able to track meals easily on the WW site.

I am a life time member of Weight Watchers, taking off 30 lbs back in 2001!! I was pretty good at staying at my goal weight for almost 10 years, until this past year, when I started a medication that I wasn't aware that increases your appetite and thirst, needless to say i gained 10 lbs, uuuugghhh!!! I rejoined online lost 5 lbs so far, WW has changed, but it still works!!!! 5 more pounds to go before vacation, I hope I can do it. And yes, writing down everything you eat is the way to stick with the diet:) Count me in:D

Glad to find so many of you are on the same journey that I am. Since WW was talking about tracking this week I will share what one member shared about what she does. She plans ahead and tracks ahead of time for dinner. She says that she knows pretty much what she will prepare for that meal so tracks it and then makes herself stick to what she has tracked. I think I will try it this week because dinner is what always gets left out of my tracker. I am too tired to get it out and write the entries after dinner and kitchen clean up.

I am a lifetime member too. I need to go back but I am having a hard time making the time. I know the program works but right now my life isn't my own and I cop out by eating. I need to get the emotions under control and then I can seriously try the program again. I will cheer you on. You can do it!!!!!

I was walking 5 to 6 days a week about 2 to 3 miles, and the weight did not come off! For me I had to go back to basics, WW, journals, and then walking! I had to get my eating under control, before the walking paid off.:)

Hi ladies I'm not a member of WW but my two friends joined about 3 weeks ago and every week it's a different story one week they gain and call me crying and then they loose the next. I'm a yoyo two LOL. The doc was on my case for gaining and I told him I walk the dog 2+ miles a day and push mow over an acre every week plus the tractor mowing I get plenty of excerise but still gain. Finally he tested me and low and behold my thyroid has a malfunction but all this time he has been telling me I was eating wrong. So far on the meds I lost 12 pounds but next week I'll probably find it again.

In January of this year my sisters, nieces, daughter and friends started playing a game called The Game on Diet. It's based on the book of the same name. You form teams and play for a prize. I've lost 19 pounds and am 1 pound away from my original goal. I highly recommend this book. Playing the game made it so much fun. I've been trying to loose weight for 3 years and nothing worked until I started the Game On Diet. Good luck!

Congratulations on the weight loss and the ambition to change your life. I am not a member of Weight Watchers, but have been following the Nutrisystem regime for 18 months. I have lost 55lbs and feel great. I am still working on the last 20 lbs...always the hardest right? But overall I am pleased. Good luck to you all...it feels great to shed those pounds.

Archived