Emily's quilt finished

My friend, Emily, had this quilt to be done by July 1st as it is a wedding present (wedding on July 4th - celebrate every year with lots of"Fireworks") Anyway, As I was quilting, I came up with this new (at least new to me) wide border treatment. So here is pic of it.....

2184353160094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

It is that simple daisy but with the stems coming from both directions. I love that swirl effect that it gives it. Thanks for looking.

Thanks Karie. Emily's quilt was just blocks of fabric from edge to edge and surrounded by 3 borders, so I was running out of how to do them all and this one just came to me. Here is one of the entire quilt. All very simple and whimsical.

post--13461906474819_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for you wonderful comments. The customer wanted lite and airy not too feminine and even though there are hearts and loops in the body, the borders were a bit of a challenge to not make them to girly......I love your "elegant" comments cause that's what I thought too. My customer said she loved it so that's what is important. :)

Wow Patty Jo this is soooooo purty!. Lovely and elegant are the correct words. I have a quilt coming up that this border treatment will be perfect on. So with your permission, I will add Patty's Posies to at least one area. This quilt really sings of your talent. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Archived