Holes in my shirts !!!

I thought the culprit for all the holes in my t shirts were the pins I loaded with so when I changed to red snappers I expected them to go, and was confuddled when I kept getting tiny holes in my shirts around my belly area. Well today it dawned on me where they are coming from...... the back of the carriage has a little sharp edge, and I think it is catching on my shirts !!! perhaps I should factor the cost of T shirts into my quilting charges !!!:D

Does anyone else have this issue? I tried wearing an apron, but it hindered my movement.

Hi Heidi,

That could work, I was thinking I might just put some tape over it or a small piece of wadding. I have one of those plastic cover pieces on the edge, but I think it is where the carriage bends over itself and the bottome bit is quite sharp.

I can't believe it took me so long to work out where they were coming from, I have ruined maybe 6 or 7 shirts now !! not to mention oil on them too. I might buy some overalls !!!! that would give my husband something to laugh about, perhaps I will go off to the hardware store to find some !! or some dungarees !!! perhaps I will get some overalls and shorten them into shorts too in this hot weather here.:P

Such a trivial stupid problem.

I'd be getting out a bit of sandpaper or a file as well....nope all smooth in my world, but i do catch on the nobs as I do around if I've got an apron on....my nob end is the end I have to go around as the other one is against the wall....

Oh, I vote for cut off bib overalls...that could be the new quilting fashion....

Guest Linda S

The back of the carriage, as in where you do pantos? I must be a lot taller than you. Mine doesn't come up that high. I've had zippers since day one, and I've never had problems with holes in my clothes. Guess I'm lucky. I hope you get it taken care of. I'd hate to have holes in my clothes all the time.

Originally posted by Linda S

The back of the carriage, as in where you do pantos? I must be a lot taller than you. Mine doesn't come up that high. I've had zippers since day one, and I've never had problems with holes in my clothes. Guess I'm lucky. I hope you get it taken care of. I'd hate to have holes in my clothes all the time.

Well I am only 4ft 11, so it must be hitting me just at the wrong place, perhaps it is because my belly juts out !!! maybe a diet is in order !!!:)

Janette,

We are sorry that your carriage is nibbling on your clothing! You can indeed smooth out the rough spot with fine sandpaper, about 400 grit, or emory cloth (found in the plumbing section of a well stocked hardware store (or in an automotive repair store--gentlemen who work on car bodies use it to smooth out rough spots).

That should do the trick!

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

Duct tape and sew naked!!!--grasshopper

:P:P:P:P:P

Careful Grasshopper! I'm getting a personal visual! I would give this a try but don't want to scare the neighbor's horses nor catch a body part in the rollers!!:P

I've always hated clothes unless its cold out-LOL. Jane is always chasing me around saying we've got people coming- get some clothes on, Or I like to quilt in the early a.m.'s in drawers and socks, she just says I'll keep the door locked! After a day outside or on a errand as soon as I hit the door off they go--something my mom had a problem with too! Our neighbors and friends always ask--Is Dave in his boxers? But they still come over?? The story of me chasing down the mailman in the buff and showing him my first poop in my pody chair bowl, which I had brought with me just says it all- I must have been proud of that one!

Is this TMI---Ha Ha Ho Ho away I go-- Dave B.

Janette hope your problem gets solved and grasshopper I needed that laugh! My DH teases me all the time for being half dressed - I hate clothes too. He always says what if someone comes to the door and I tell him let them look if they want to go blind it's not my problem.

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

Duct tape and sew naked!!!--grasshopper

Now we are talking !!! it has been swelteringly hot in my studio lately !!! although I wouldn't fancy the scratch marks on my belly, my DH would wonder what was going on !!! :D

Archived