We are in Montana at Judy Niemeyer's Retreat...MORE PICTURE'S ADDED!!!

We have been here since July 15, taking training to become a certified Judy Niemeyer Shop! We ( both Roger and I) have been building "Glacier Star," a technique of the month only available from Certified Shops and Instructors. Roger also qualified as a Certified Instructor while we were here! Watch our web site for more information on kits and workshops. Here is a picture of my Glacier Star center, unquilted of course. We are adding the new queen size border extension, which should be on tonight, I will post another picture then.

post--13461906611317_thumb.jpg

Wow, Ardelle, these are fantastic! I really like the colors Roger chose, but I like yours even more. I think it has to do with the softer colors in the center. Like Connie said, I'd have to take a class just to figure out where to start! :o

Congrats on your and Roger's certification.

Wow Ardelle and Roger - these are soo pretty. Will need to come over and see your kits sometime this summer/fall. Let us know when they are ready or classes will be happening!

Glad to see you are well enough to travel and take this in.

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

www.artisticquiltdesign.wordpress.com

Gorgeous Ardelle! Love your colors and Roger's too. I took a class for Waterfall from a certified instructor and only got three blocks done in 5 hours, and I got the farthest! You must have been at this for days. (I think it would take me weeks)

Where in Montana are you? Lucky you to go through Glacier Park, I spent the summer there in high school working for the Youth Conservation Corp and loved it.

Connie Smith

Congratulations Ardelle and Roger on your certification! Both quilts are gorgeous and it will be nice to show your students and customers two colorways. I can't decide which I like better!

Most Judy Niemeyer patterns are paper pieced, carefully tested, and have meticulous instructions for pre-cutting the fabric so there is very little waste. I am in awe of her talent.

And I also can't wait to see your quilting on these two!

Wow!!! That is awesome!!!!! I am taking the class here in Minnesota and just finished technique #3. The instructor just showed us the extra parts to make it larger. Apparently, will be available soon if we want it. I am doing mine using the Robert Kaufman's "Valley of the Kings" line. Everyone else in the class is using batiks. All the quilts are sooo different and very cool. Love the class and process of her patterns. Julie Arrowood is our certified instructor and she is great. :)

Archived