NQR My first 5K run/I DID IT!

This is NQR, but I am so excited! I am running my first 5K tomorrow! Wish me well!!! I don't know if I will be able to actually RUN the whole thing, but I am certainly going to try! I have my Ipod loaded with good "running" music and I am ready to roll!!! Aggghhha! I'm pumped!!!

I did that once!:D Actually twice---didn't take the first time...:P:P:P

My feet were numb by the time I finished, walk/jogged the last half. I sure hope you have some good training advice and counseling. Prevent blisters, hydrate, dress for the weather...you know what I mean.

Congratulations! and I'm assuming you are quite younger than I. Keep it up and you will stay young forever. Covert Bailey, my favorite exercise author, says that everyone should train to run a marathon. Just don't run it. The training is the best conditioning around.

Thanks everyone!! Boni.... no, I'm not so young..... This March when I turned 57, I decided if I want to do this, I better do it NOW!!!:D I've always wanted to run, but never seemed to be able to do it, and this year, I was determined that I AM going to do it! My goal is to run a 5K with my 10 year old granddaughter! I went out and drove the part that I actually ran today, and it was 2 miles.... walked the rest off and on, running.... There is another 5K this September here and my goal is to be able to run the whole thing! Thanks for all the encouragement!!! linda

Originally posted by lindasewsit

Thanks everyone!! Boni.... no, I'm not so young..... This March when I turned 57, I decided if I want to do this, I better do it NOW!!!

NOW is the BEST time to start! If the terrain was flat, I know I could run a 5K still. I did a MADD run in 1996 and a local fun run the next year. I was 46 then. I'm in much better shape now...still conditioning for that elusive marathon!:P

I like the website http://www.coolrunning.com/index.shtml

They have a conditioning routine for a "Couch Potato to 5K" (I see they changed it to "Couch to 5K".) I did it and it's remarkable how easy it is! Of course, I had to take twice as long as they prescribe, no cheating, and stick with the schedule.:o You really don't have to feel pain to get the gain!

Off the soapbox once again...I love y'all!

Archived