NQR Wedding prep mini-rant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seakitten

Wish I could be there to help, Barb, but you will be just fine. Imagine yourself in warm tropical water; just float & remember to BREATHE. A MaiTai wouldn't hurt, either.

LOTS of Mai Tais, Catherine!! And yes, my happy place is under water - once we recover financially from this whole double event, we're gonna start planning our next dive trip.:P

And yes, I get to do placecards, too, color-coded for the chosen entree(s)......:(

Originally posted by barbm

.....And yes, I get to do placecards, too, color-coded for the chosen entree(s)......:(

Chicken or Beef??? :D

Next time I need a wedding planner, I'm hiring both your son and you, Barb! David Tutera ain't got nuthin on you two!! You could name your wedding planner business "Married by Mayfield!"

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Chicken or Beef??? :D

Shana, they've actually chosen three entrees - beef, chicken and vegetarian. But I've found the perfect placecards online - now just have to figure out the best way to mark the entrees. And who is David Tutera????

And the programs are coming together - now just have to get them to decide whether they want color printing or black-and-white - they disagree and say I should decide - yeah, that's a winning position!!:o

Program #2.pdf

Originally posted by barbm

...... And who is David Tutera????

Barb, I just read the marriage program and it looks MAAAAA-velous! :) You do good work!

David Tutera is a wedding planner and has a big hit show on TV called My Fair Wedding.

http://davidtutera.com/

He basically takes a bride's wedding vision, theme, gown, etc... and tosses it all to the side and gives the bride a $50K+++++ (probably more like a $100K) wedding of her dreams. Oh, and I see that David Tutera has his own design line sold at JoAnn. He's turning into a bizillionaire.

I'm just sayin' ... Ya shoulda called David to do your wedding!! ;) ;) ;) (just kidding)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, it's venting time again......

Got the programs all done - picked them up from the printer last week. :) Got the placecard blanks in the mail last week and spent ALL day today typing in names, but they're DONE.:o

Went out on the deck a few minutes ago to do a sample of the decorations that I had envisioned, since all we'd had up until now were sketches, which bride and groom had said that they loved. But when they came out to see it, they both made those faces - you know the ones: the "I really don't like it, and I'd really like to radically change it, but I don't want to make you mad" faces. So we just spent the last 45 minutes coming up with an entirely different plan....:(

venting here, so that I don't vent in person.....TIA for listening.....

Guest Linda S

I think two tickets to Niagra Falls would have been much easier. Love the program, Barb. I wish you all the best. I quit my job on Friday and have been settling into reeeelllllaaaaaaxxxxiiiiinnnnngggg. I can't take more stress. Just can't imagine being in your shoes.

My first reaction is a flash back to my advertising days.....and everyone wanting their stuff yesterday and rewrites and last minute revisions that weren't much more than what I called happy glads. (where the revision wasn't anythng

more than literally changing the word glad for the word happy). My answer was just smile and wave....just smile and wave. And a "How nice".

Aww Barb it is almost here and then you can really relax!!

I've seen you handle a lot of stress and deal with it beautifully, so this must be tough!! Love you and saying prayers for you to get through it w/o a hitch............except hitching the happy couple!!! :P:P:P:P:P Sorry for the pun!

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

I hope you get the honeymoon vacation after the wedding, because you will have earned it!! Hang in there kiddo, you will be fine and once the wedding starts just have yourself a little early toast and relax and enjoy the moment!!

Jeanne, as soon as the wedding is over, we head back to our place to prepare for a reception there in two weeks! So no vacation for us - until after the reception. Then we're going to do something for our anniversary, but we've been away from home so much over the past months that we're not sure we'll go away anywhere - maybe one of those "staycations"!

I know the wedding is going to go off just fine - it's just all the myriad preparations that go into it. And the house is filling with guests, all with different diets and needs - and we have to find beds for them all! Last night there were eight of us in the house, another gma arrives tonight, then a family of four on Friday....

Thanks for all the support, ladies! I can feel the love and prayers - this is the best group!!!;)

So glad you feel safe to vent to us. That is the safe place that we are to each other. I know it will go just fine and all be worth it.

Both of our kids decided to get married at Christmas, two years apart. Grrrrrr..... In the middle of all the hassle, I was wishing we had just given them a lump sum to elope. Now, 14 and 17 years later, I treasure the memories and wish I could flash back in time and live the events again. The best was when my husband was dancing the Dad's dance with our daughter and he asked her if she thought the wedding went OK. Her reply was, "Oh, Dad, it was everything I dreamed of." Yes she always was daddy's girl.

Barb, you are indeed a saint! I would have lost my cool a long time ago..... :D

This Saturday, August 13,I will be thinking about you and your family's celebration. I know that it will be beautiful. It will be amazing.

Remember this:::: you can work hard at every tiny detail, plan and decorate and have the perfect cake.... but what it all boils down to... and what matters most ... are the caring and excited family all gathered together in one place sharing the love, sharing the moments. It will be a joyous occasion. It's going to be so awesome.

And you will look back on this day and remember the wonderful times and tell yourself "I really did it! I really made this extra special."

You are so good. Always so good. Barb is precious!!

Parisa is very lucky to get a Mom like YOU! :)

Archived