The Suspense is awful !!! And now it's over......

STILL waiting for the results of the quilt judging to be posted on our Iowa State Fair website. They have had the quilts since July 30th and the fair opened this past Thursday, 8/11. There was an Open House for Exhibitors to view the quilts on Wednesday before the fair opened, so all the quilts had to be hung, judged and ready. I couldn't get to the Open House Wednesday, but we plan to go to the fair tomorrow. I don't expect to win anything, but sure would like to see the results posted. Guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow. :(:(:( That exhibit will be my first stop ! ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to the fair yesterday. WOW! So many quilts. Spent most of our day in that building - then of course had to have a pork chop on a stick anda funnel cake. I'd never been to the Iowa State Fair before. Even with LOTS AND LOTS of people it was still very enjoyable. I didn't pay much attention to the names on the quilts, there was too much to look at. If you win ANY ribbon at that fair it is quite an accomplishment. If you got 2, that's super!

Well, I am very pleased with my first time at entering quilts at State Fair. I won a 2nd place RED for my Bali Wedding Ring and it also won the “Quilt Hanger’s Award”. ????? We didn’t know what that meant, so asked some ladies...........come to find out, the husband of one of the quilt show organizers helps hang the quilts and HE thought my quilt should have won the Blue Ribbon over the one that did, so he gave me his own award and $25 ! Isn’t that a hoot ?????? The one that won Blue was very nice – all Homespun fabric and you know how hard that is to work with. Every plaid and stripe was even. DH even picked it out as his favorite among the Blue Ribbon winners (before we knew it beat mine!) haha The BIG Lone Star quilt took a 3rd place ribbon, so I was pleased with the outcome. My black & white pineapple and the Jelly Roll Strip quilts didn’t win anything, but it was fun to see them hanging up there.

Skipped the fried butter on a stick but did have a corn dog and a Wonder Bar ! Gotta have those at State Fair. :) Had the Funnel Cake at our County Fair, so my indulgences have been satisfied for another year.

Archived