The Suspense is awful !!! And now it's over......

Wow!! That is great! Congratulations!! Donna, are you kidding???!!! You really don't know what a funnel cake is??????!!!!! :o:P You must not have any fairs around you!!!!!!! Deep fried kind of a wafflely type thing with powder sugar and maybe some fruit.... You really must try one!!!!!!!!:P:P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dmilner

Congratulations!!! O.K. what is funnel cake? Never mind, I googled it and first ingredient was 8 cups vegetable oil...so I won't be making any soon. I'll have to get to one of your lovely county fairs!!!!!

Donna

Oooooh, they are so good - dusted with confectioner's sugar when they come out of the hot oil...........it's like donut batter drizzled through a funnel (hence the name) into hot oil and fried. They can be the size of a dinner plate..........a ONCE A YEAR treat.............:)

Fried butter on a stick! Tastes like French Toast. I guess it's all in the batter!

Congratulations on the ribbon! Yes, I agree, I love to see quilts hanging, especially when at least one is mine! :P

Bonnie, Wall Candy??? I'd WEAR it! Show it off---you earned it!:D

congrats on the quilts

fried butter on a stick is a new Iowa thing ....they dip it in some batter with cinnamon..it isnt a full stick..then after it is cooked they drizzel frosting on it... something like that, I was watching it on tv... funnel cakes are a batter deep fried and I think it is put in sugar and cinnamon...pretty close to that I think

Way to go Linda!! I think that quilt hanger's choice is fabulous! Perhaps he could be a judge next year... :D

We have something similar to funnel cakes here at our festivals, called Churros. Same principle but they make them into log shapes instead. Good for me to have occasionally so I don't miss the SC State Fair so much.;)

Well done for winning your ribbons. It is a fine accomplishment. As for the funnel cake and fried butter on sticks, it all sounds alien to me, but if they are like donuts only flat, then I think I would like the funnel cake, not sure about fried butter though!!!

Congrats on your wins, Linda! We aren't going to the fair this year due to some other commitments, but oh, have I been wishing we could! Yep, I want to see the quilts, but I'm really hungry for the fried cheese curds. And I'm pretty sure that the food we eat at the state fair is calorie and cholesterol free, right???

Originally posted by Elita

Way to go Linda!! I think that quilt hanger's choice is fabulous! Perhaps he could be a judge next year... :D

We have something similar to funnel cakes here at our festivals, called Churros. Same principle but they make them into log shapes instead. Good for me to have occasionally so I don't miss the SC State Fair so much.;)

I got quite a kick out of the Quilt Hanger's Choice award, too. That was a new one.........:P I'll try to find a way to thank him.

I've had Churros ! We lived in Spain for 2 years when DH was in the Navy. Churros were our "donuts" when we were there. Great !!! Very much the same as the Funnel Cake only not as big. ;)

Congrats!! Two ribbons in your first try! That's wonderful.

I haven't gotten the nerve to enter anything yet. My friends keep nagging me, but they don't really know what constitutes a winning quilt. Mine are even close yet. But...keep on PPP and maybe some day.:D

Every year at our fair, I have to have the corn dog, a corn on the cob, and a strawberry lemonade. Don't know what makes them so much better than what I can cook at home, but they are! We tried a fried snicker bar last year. I think they have tried frying everything. The snicker bar was good, but not something you would eat very often...

Archived