Tee-shirt quilt complete & a few pictures

Here is the commissioned quilt my customer designed. If you remember, a few weeks ago I asked for some help with it, so I wanted to show you the outcome. My customer and her daughter wanted 15" blocks, no sashing, and one border. She purchased the red and the blud fabric. The red is cotton, but not a quilters cotton and the blue is a very thin $1.99 poly. The backing is fleece. The batting is QD 70/30.

I just sent her the pictures I am attaching here (I hope) and her invoice.

post--13461907219882_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone.

Anne, my customer is a widow and the pictures on the shirts are of her deceased husband their grandson. She comissioned me to make this for her to give to her grandson for Christmas. He is now 12 years old. She hasn't seen it yet. I e-mailed her when I finished it the other night (to send some pictures and the invoice) , but she hasn't written back or called yet. I told her I am available Wed-Fri evenings next week, so hopefully, I will give it to her one of those nights.

She and her daughter designed the quilt and wanted 15" blocks with no sashing, just the border. She also purchased the fabric from an on-line store because she found it for $1.99 a yard, so couldn't see wasting her money at the LQS or even JoAnn's. To each his (her) own!

I showed it to a quilting friend last night and she said the initials and the quilting "saved it" from being really ugly. She makes t-shirt quilts and I quilt them for her. They are really "one of a kind" pieces of art, so when her quilt and this one were side by side laying over my frame, there was a night and day difference. :P But, I have to remember that this isn't my quilt, it is my customer's quilt and she designed it the way she wanted it to be, so she should be very happy with it.

Archived