More panto quilts finished....

Very nice, Ardelle. Did you load the trip around the world on the diagonal? The purple meadow panto looks like it is aligned with the stripes. What are your tricks for such great tension? Do you tend to use a certain batt, thread and tension for the most part, or just wing it every time? Thanks, Ardelle!

Originally posted by LadyLake

Very nice, Ardelle. Did you load the trip around the world on the diagonal? The purple meadow panto looks like it is aligned with the stripes. What are your tricks for such great tension? Do you tend to use a certain batt, thread and tension for the most part, or just wing it every time? Thanks, Ardelle!

Joan, No I did not load the trip around the world diagonally, just a normal load. As for tension, I use to teach for a sewing machine dealership and he taught me how to set tension years ago and have been doing it every since on my own and students machines so when I got my longarm it was no big deal to set tension. I test every thread combination on a little scrap of fabric on the excess batting at the edge of the quilt. I do mostly use Hobbs 80/20 batting, but also use whatever a customer brings, so yes it is different a lot of times.

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Really like them both. How big are the 9 patch blocks. Setting them with the black is very striking.

Linda, I have given the quilt back to my customer and mine is at the store at the moment and I am at home, but I think the nine patches finished at 5". I like the black with them too. My Mom was also in this exchange and when see saw this quilt she copied! I guess she liked it too....;)

Archived