NQR - 3rd earthquake since Friday and Tornado Watches

This weather is plum crazy! We just experienced our 3rd earthquake in as little as 4 days! We're not supposed to have earthquakes here (we had never experienced one before)! Now we're in a tornado watch until wee hours of the morning. I don't like this one bit. What do the safety guru's say about how to handle this...stay inside or go outside? I think I'll just go to bed and pull the covers over my head.:D

Cindy. the best place to be is outside where no power lines or trees, buildings can fall on you. That is for earthquakes.

For tornado's I think you know what to do there.. we have one spot in our hall with 4 doorways close together.. we get in there with blankets and pillows to protect us.. it might stop particles from impaling us. Just get in a place away from windows, where you have the strongest area.. for one or two, a bathtub will usually help.

Stay safe and well. prayers

Cindy, understand about the mixed weather. I am in Ponca City, OK and this was my first earthquake. I didn't know you could hear an earthquake coming before you felt the shaking. Luckily, we had little damage. We are in a valley and generally watch the tornados "clouds" go around us. where are you in Kansas? Keep safe.

People here are getting freaked out about the fact that we are under our first winter storm watch of the season...for Pete's sake people--we live in Minnesota!! It's going to snow eventually. We are expecting 50 degree weather for the weekend so it won't last. I wonder what these people would say if we had earthquake tremors and tornado watches in November?

I hope your night was uneventful and that today is a great day for you.

Originally posted by Linda S

That's scary. Unplug your machine! You don't want any electrical shocks going through it.

Linda, I unplug my machine after each use (daily). I don't want to risk anything electrical happening to it, AND it stays unplugged when the threat of lightening is in the area.

I keep trying to respond to this, but something's amiss with computer this morning.

Thanks for all the concerns and prayers and we actually had an uneventful night after the earthquake. I have a new respect for those affected by earthquakes as they are scary with no warnings.

Marsha, we are feeling the same quake as I'm just north of Bartlesville.

Hi Cindy, You're feeling the quakes all the way into KS? The epicenter is about 20 miles or so from us. This has been my first experience with an earthquake. Last night, I hadn't been watching the weather and thought maybe a tornado was near (but no, thankfully they were way to the southwest), but it was another quake. I felt a small one about an hour ago as I was talking to the insurance agent about adding an earthquake endorsement to our policy. :)

Oh my goodness I really do feel for you all, earthquakes are horrible and quite frightening as you have no idea when they will happen. Having never experienced a tornado I can imagine that they are pretty horrible too , the only thing I guess is you get notice of it in advance and can get protection but the result can be just as devastating as an earthquake.

take care and be safe. thinking of you all

Yvonne

Archived