My first Quilt Project

Hello Everyone :)

I got my Millie a week or so before Christmas and just completed my first project :) I signed up for Cindy's NYD Mystery Quilt at the long arm classroom and let my two oldest kids (ages 5 and 7) pick the fabric for me as a Christmas present. I started working on the piecing Christmas Day, and quilted it on January 2nd.

I have to say that I LOVE my Millie (need to think of a name for her :)) and can't wait to work with her again. I wasn't sure about the quilt glide when I read about it but have to say that I am in love with it, especially with all these swirls. Before my Millie I owned a Juki on a Grace frame and boy, what a step up a long arm is .... My friends call it my "cadillac of sewing machines lol!"

do you have any punctuation in the picture name? That kills it, also, don't preview the post, just post it and go back to edit it if there is something that you want to change. Preview removes the picture for some reason.

Congrats on your Millie and the fun quick work you did. I am now on my way to do a queen size on George. I am more and more dreaming of a frame style, wrestling is not my favorite sport!

Originally posted by crazyforpurple

thanks Ladies xxx I am trying to upload a picture but It won't let me for some reason :( I have made the file size smaller that 1 mb but it still doesn't load any ideas?

It needs to be way smaller than 1MB. Way smaller.... like under 100 KB.

Do you have Microsoft Picture Manager? If so, just right click on the photo, choose open with Microsoft Picture Manager. Then edit picture then resize to Web Large.

Welcome! The colors are so cute. I wish I could get a quilt together so fast! You and your millie look like a team. I am still in love with my machine evem after 11 years. Unlike most millenniums, it is male. Very rare! LOL

It looks so strange to me to see your quilt lying on the grass. In Ohio, it would be on snow this time of year!

Archived