Inspired by Linda R (Thanks Linda Rech)

After seeing Linda's all over feather design, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a whirl, and this is the result. The words "just do it" from watching Myrna Ficken's DVD several months ago kept rolling around in my head, too. I wish I'd seen Linda's spine drawing before I started because some of these feathers were longer than I would have liked for them to be. If I can do it, so can the rest of you that are hesitating. ;)

Last summer there was a quilt shop hop that sold specific strips of fabrics that people could pick whatever pattern they wanted and enter into a contest. That is what my customer is going to do with this quilt. She lost out to 1st place the year before because she was told there wasn't enough quilting (only SID which is what she requested), and so this year, she said she wanted to win. It's definitely more than SID!:P

post--13461907932697_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by quietlifeaz

did you draw in your spines ahead of time, or just to it all free hand?

I drew in the spines sort of as I went because I needed to get the center ones done first before I figured out where the outside spines went. They are not perfectly aligned or matched. Next time I'll take the time to figure that out ahead of time. Always learning!!

Originally posted by sewcrazy4quilting

Look at you go!! Don't you just love Myrna's DVDs? AND Linda'a inspiring quilting. It's so cool to have so much inspiration available at our fingertips. :):) Lucky us.

Yes, Myrna's DVD's are great as are others I have (but sometimes forget I have them), and I love the inspiration coming from this forum. We are lucky.

Originally posted by CindyT

Originally posted by quietlifeaz

I searched for Linda's post on how to do the all over feather, and I can not find it (thought I had it in my favorites but I don't).

Does anyone know what post her drawing was on?

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=31311

Thank you. I had not read through that entire post.

Archived