Our local guild held a quilt show this weekend, and a couple of my customers entered quilts I had quilted; they all won ribbons. My first ribbons!

This quilt was quilted for a first-time customer; she made this red/white quilt as a replica of a red/white quilt made by her grandmother 100 years ago. Her sister inherited grandma's, so she decided to make her own. It is a giant king-size. I only had a day to quilt it as it was a wedding surprise for her husband, and she was leaving the next day to travel up north for the wedding. It is a beautiful mixture of antiqued-white batik and various red/pink batiks. This is the only picture I have as I didn't have time to get photos before returning it to her. This picture is from the show, Honorable Mention, quilted with CL Swirlz boards.

post--13461907984937_thumb.jpg

To honor veterans, our guild created a category for quilts made especially for them. After the show, the quilts are being donated to local veteran groups and Hope Hospice for veterans.

I used free-hand techniques learned in classes I took from Birgit Schueller this summer, and CL zig zag/wave boards for the wavy lines in the red/white stripes. Honorable Mention ribbon.

post--13461907985606_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Quilts Vickie, did you free hand the fireworks or did you have a design?

I'm busy quilting another "Heirloom" style quilt using my cross hatch and PB system. I will try to post a picture when done. Currently it is bright and sunny here but COLD minus 34 degrees. I'd love to have the Florida heat about now. Cheers,

Originally posted by HeatherH

Beautiful Quilts Vickie, did you free hand the fireworks or did you have a design?

I'm busy quilting another "Heirloom" style quilt using my cross hatch and PB system. I will try to post a picture when done. Currently it is bright and sunny here but COLD minus 34 degrees. I'd love to have the Florida heat about now. Cheers,

Thanks, Heather. Some of the fireworks are free-hand; most of them are a Debra Geissler panto "Fireworks".

It is so warm here, we are still using air conditioning, although the mornings and late evenings are cooler. Maybe you can do some "snow-dyeing", LOL

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Our local guild held a quilt show this weekend, and a couple of my customers entered quilts I had quilted; they all won ribbons. My first ribbons!

This quilt was quilted for a first-time customer; she made this red/white quilt as a replica of a red/white quilt made by her grandmother 100 years ago. Her sister inherited grandma's, so she decided to make her own. It is a giant king-size. I only had a day to quilt it as it was a wedding surprise for her husband, and she was leaving the next day to travel up north for the wedding. It is a beautiful mixture of antiqued-white batik and various red/pink batiks. This is the only picture I have as I didn't have time to get photos before returning it to her. This picture is from the show, Honorable Mention, quilted with CL Swirlz boards.

It is so cool to think, that even 100 years ago, people were into 'mind-blowing designs'!

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

To honor veterans, our guild created a category for quilts made especially for them. After the show, the quilts are being donated to local veteran groups and Hope Hospice for veterans.

I used free-hand techniques learned in classes I took from Birgit Schueller this summer, and CL zig zag/wave boards for the wavy lines in the red/white stripes. Honorable Mention ribbon.

You go girl! Our veterans deserve so much. The quilt looks historic.

Archived