Braid in 2 1/2" Border?

Here's a diagram for a standard braid. It's continuous-line. Watch your spacing. Start at the bottom about two-thirds of the way one side or the other from the edge seams. As you stitch the backtrack, come back half the distance and head for the opposite side. You will get a rhythm going and it stitches quickly.

post--13461908088354_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by cblevins

Linda, I love it when you draw things out for us!!!! When are you going to do a book?

Thanks for asking, Cheri!!

I am waiting for some illustrations from my cartoonist BIL and finalizing the format for a sashings design book. You will all be the first to know when it's ready!

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Originally posted by cblevins

Linda, I love it when you draw things out for us!!!! When are you going to do a book?

Thanks for asking, Cheri!!

I am waiting for some illustrations from my cartoonist BIL and finalizing the format for a sashings design book. You will all be the first to know when it's ready!

:P Way to go Linda! Can I be second to know when it's ready?

Lisa, I think that design would look really nice, especially if you use the matching thread like Linda suggests, it would add a really nice texture.

Linda, thank you for sharing your stitching diagram! I'm going to add a copy of that to my 3 ring binder..........and I'm eagerly waiting for the release of your book, too!! :D I want to be on your list too! :D :cool: :D

I would love your book as well. There are many quilt books out there, but many lack clear instruction. But Linda, you have a natural knack for explaining the difficult in a very simple and clearly understood manner. How many times have you drawn out instructions for us with explanations that set off light bulbs everywhere? Gotta love it!

Archived