NQR - my turn - update

Found out two days ago I'm going to need brain surgery. I am leaking cerebral spinal fluid from when they cut into what was supposed to be a polyp (it was brain matter) and am on antibiotics. They have to pull the little bit of brain in the sinus back into the skull so they're doing it from the inside. Oh my. It's interesting....they don't consider me an emergency and the surgery will be scheduled in two weeks or so. God's way of giving me the time to finish the two customer quilts I need to do?

I'm glad I just got my hair cut super short! Not much to shave on the side of my head. Gotta keep the humor going here folks.

To all my fellow quilting prayer warriors - thank you.

Wow! That just sounds positively yucky. You definitely need the humor. Prayers coming your way for you for a successful surgery and guidance for your surgeons and a quick recovery.

Forget the customers quilts and make yourself a warm fuzzy one for the hospital and back at home to wrap yourself up in.

Laura,

My neighbor just went through this same surgery last year and did just fine. He was having headaches and had too much fluid so they went in and inserted a drain which drains into his stomach. He is doing great now!

I will keep you in my prayers....boy this year has been a health challenge for so many of us!!! It has got to get better from here on out!

Hang in there Laura! I have never known anyone that had so much brain matter it tries to come out there nose! We all knew you were brilliant just by looking at your beautiful quilts.

Joking aside, I will add your name to our prayer list at church and keep you in my prayers too. Keep the attitude! Humor will get you through some tough times and prayers will get you through the rest. Please designate someone to give us updates after the surgery.

Short hair rocks!!!!!!! (((((HUGS)))))

Dear Laura,

You have my prayers. We Quilting Prayer Warriors have got you covered! May God's peace and love and healing wash over you and refresh you from the inside out. Please keep us posted, OK?

I agree with the joy of having quilts to work on. Since having two surgeries for breast cancer in the past 3 weeks, I've felt "Lost" without having the creative joy of quilting. One of my next goals prior to starting chemo in a few weeks is to do a few small, simple, edge-to-edge quilts. I'm saving the custom work for when I have more stamina.

By the way, I loved your quilting on the Folsom Opportunity Quilt and on Barbara's Pachyderm. Well-done! I quilt for her, too... did the Geisha quilt and "Too Many Notes" for her. Your quilting is stunning!!!

Since we don't live too far apart, I hope to meet you one day. In the meantime, rest under your blanket of prayer!

Blessings to you!

:):):):):)

Hi Lin! Now I know who you are!!! Loved the Geisha quilt you did for Barb. Don't know if I've seen the Too Many Notes one. Post pictures!! Isn't it amazing how we quilters keep using our creativity to be our therapy during hard times? We'll both bug Barb to have a get together once we're both kicking strong. So happy to connect. You too will be on the Quilting Prayer Warriors list.

Sweet Laura,

Of course, let's get together once we're "kickin'!" Your positive attitude is inspiring! You'll be prayed for and "loved on" from Roseville!!

Blessings,

Lin

PS... Too Many Notes got a 3rd at Folsom. I'd happily post photos if i knew how. Clark and I just figured out how to post our Avatar. Not too techno-savvy!! :}

Laura...you're going to do so well. I love your sense of humor. God will be watching over you I'm sure because there are so many people on this forum asking for him to do just that. That makes you special. Keep us posted on your progress.

Archived