Magna Glide bobbins

I now four bobbin cases. Having said that; I now use Magna Glides as much as I can. I was worried I might damage the spring or lose it by taking it out and putting it in when I switched. so now I have one for Magna Glides, one for the times I do have to wind my own to match a backing, one for the paper sided prewound Super Bobs, and one to spare!! I will never get rid of my Towa gauge, if I am not using the Magna Glide bobbins, I always check the bobbin tension with the gauge. I wind my Millie bobbins on my Bernina and it is always consistent, never varies on the wound tension, but I check it every time anyway just in case. I find the paper sided bobbins vary slightly in their tension. I have a slew of them to get used up. I bought them before the Magna Glides were marketed.

You will love using them Jim, they just take the worry out of the dreaded bobbin tension problems.

Originally posted by JunBugs-Quilt-Garden

Can you rewind the Megna Glide bobbins or are they disposable?

The MagnaGlides are a one-time use prewound, but you can recycle the cores. I get my MagnaGlides direct from Fil=Tec, the manufacturer at www.bobbincentral.com. Since Ihave a business, I can get them wholesale. You'll really enjoy them!!

Guest Linda S

I use the classics as much as possible, but I also have an ample assortment of the delights. I use cream, light tan, and light grey the most. In the magna-quilt (cotton) I use cream, light tan, and khaki the most. All are perfect tension. You just can't beat it. I do love that you can send the bobbin cores back for recycling and for a credit towards more bobbins. I get such good tension with these bobbins that I often use a different color on the back than I do on the front, and you don't see any pokies.

Archived