Grip Lite or Feather Light side clamps?

Hi everyone!

I've decided to get some new side clamps for my Millie and have been reading about Grip-Lite and Feather Lite. I'd love your input before I buy some, because experience had taught me to check with all of you first. I have too many "goodies" that I haven't found to be worthwhile.

BTW, this past weekend a quilt I had done for my client won first place, large applique at the Carson Valley Quilt Show in Nevada. There was $20,000 in prize money altogether, so there were lots of smiles to be seen in the room. This same quilt called Japanese Garden won Best Use of Color at PIQF this past fall. It has 2500 appliqued leaves in addition to many other appliqued blocks. AMAZING! I'm so happy for her (and for me, too!)

I have the Grip Lite clamps. Mine are red. I took the elastic straps off my Millie clamps and put them on the Grip Lite. Love them. The straps on the Grip Lite are sort of like velcro and each time I took them loose from the quilt, they seemed to want to stick to each other. I got to looking at the clamps that came with my Millie and decided those elastic traps would come off and work with the Grip Lite. Much better !

Congratulations! I used Grip Lite clamps for a while but the sticky tape started coming loose and someone posted that OXO bag clips work great. I got 2 pair of those at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $5 each and I love them. I just attached them with my existing velcro and they are the best. They hold firmly but nothing sticks to the grippy part.

MANY THANKS!

You ladies are simply amazing! Now it's time to do my homework and then go SHOPPING:P:P

It sounds like I would be happy with either type, each one having a few "hiccups" that seem to be easily solved.

Thanks for all the wisdom you've sent my way!! Joy!

Originally posted by Bonnie H

I have 2 sets of grip lite clamps. The sandpaper tape came off pretty quickly on one but 3m makes a product called outdoor tread which is basically what skateboarders use. Its about 8 bucks. Works great and hasn't come off yet.

that is good news. I'll be on the lookout for some of this.

Archived