Wildfire within 4 miles of my property!

Kristina, were those trees burning in the background or sage and such? I was just thinking the sage might be a bit easier to put out. Do you have large trees close to your house? Those large fires are so frightening because you can't tell which way they might go next. Have you had vertical lightening in your area? Prayers for you and all in the path! Keep us up to date!

We are good. The fire is still smoldering...but well contained. The hillside is burned up. Lots of sagebrush, desert grasses and trees burned. The fire burned across 4 ridges. Crews worked through the night to restore power to areas 60 miles away that were affected when their transmission line was burned.

Smells badly of smoke today as winds shifted a bit.

Thanks for the prayers. They are always appreciated.

we got a nice rain shower last night and even the last of the hotspots are out now.

bad news though...my dog, age 13, is missing. he freaked out with the fireworks last night held 1 mile away on the golfcourse...and is nowhere to be seen. food/water is out...but he is MIA. I am afraid he went off and bedded down somewhere and died. he hasn't been doing very well with this heat and he was a mess last night! I am upset and so are my kids.

Kristina,

I am soooooooo happy your dog is back. I don't know what to do first when my Patches decides to slip out the door and take a stroll. I do love my four-legged children. I'm also happy that the rain put out the remainder of the fire. Let us pray that it stays that way.

Archived