Showing only one block - picture

The fabrics in this quilt are so pretty and it is a BOM being done by my guild. The quilt belongs to a lady who is being allowed to work ahead so that she can have the quilt completed to give to her 95 year old MIL for Christmas. She asked me to quilt it and I have used the Circle Lord large featherz template in the blocks and the micro featherz in the four corners. I did piano keys in the border with the CL 1/4" crosshatch and will free motion the sashing/cornerstones. Guild meeting is Friday and I will deliver it then and ask permission to post pictures of the entire quilt, but the blocks for future months are secret, so I may have to wait until the final block is unveiled in December before posting pics of the whole quilt. Thanks for looking.

post--13461908856652_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your nice comments.

Sandra, I'm using Hobbs Polydown batting with Superior So Fine for the feathers and Arc poly embroidery thread on the border. Arc is no longer made, but Glide would work, or most likely Metro.

Heather, after I stitched the feather wreath using the template I went around and freehand filled in the feathers.

Archived